Twitter: McCarthy on Running Back by Committee

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah they are going to be like Asian and Farmtruck LOL they going to surprise some people..
I think so too. I mean it's really cool and in-the-know to rag on them....everyone is a comedian.

But please just make some holes now and then. And watch DBs cower. TRUCKED!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
MM: I can fill postions. I dont know if i can make them work. I say enough for fans to get behind me on it, but my product on the field contradicts what i want it to do.

There, fixed it. Understand that sentence and you wont be shocked at the end of the season.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Cook will be the starter by week 3. He's much better than anything we had.

if its validated and it takes them that long to do that. yea, everyone should immediately hate teh coaches. We arent talking a hard task here. Im not saying its a definite, but i am also agreeing the Cowboys will take the easy way. I just dont have confidence our coaches will see this in week 1 and say "ok guys we have to make this change immediately" personally i think they are in the camp of Garret, "ok guys, its a process, we dont fix things immediately"

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if its validated and it takes them that long to do that. yea, everyone should immediately hate teh coaches. We arent talking a hard task here. Im not saying its a definite, but i am also agreeing the Cowboys will take the easy way. I just dont have confidence our coaches will see this in week 1 and say "ok guys we have to make this change immediately" personally i think they are in the camp of Garret, "ok guys, its a process, we dont fix things immediately"
Agreed. If he's healthy he'd be my starter asap. But you know Jerry will want his guy Zeke to get a shot in the hopes that Jerry can brag about bringing him back.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

gimmesix

Reaction score
Whats the over under on the first play being Zeke up the gut for 2y gain like 90% of the time
McCarthy likes to pass on first down. The first-down run thing was a Garrett philosophy issue passed on to Moore.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
now we are worried about the toll it takes on rb's? We have fewer preseason games, better conditioning, better care, and have had the 16 game schedule since 1978 (now its a mere 1 more game) and running backs have been run to their bones all these decades, but suddenly now we need run counts like they are pitchers?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Saying "Seven Pro Bowls in this photo" is correct.........but by far it is easily the most misleading thing I've read in quite a while.

The truth is more like TWO OLD TIMERS.

Should have just had old people sitting on rocking chairs on the porch.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If McCarthy has one weakness as a coordinator, it's his use of the run game. He didn't do a good job of it in Green Bay, either.

I think he's a good pass game coordinator, but the run game seems to be an afterthought for him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...owboys-run-game-shouldn-t-be-high/ar-BB1laTaa
well let's just hope that last year's experience and the fact he on a lame duck last year encourages him to do better, ....you do realize the west coast offense while a run game is necessary, they like a lot of stuff behind the line of scrimmage creating those run type plays with TEs/WRs etc or short passes to the RB..

gimmesix

Reaction score
well let's just hope that last year's experience and the fact he on a lame duck last year encourages him to do better, ....you do realize the west coast offense while a run game is necessary, they like a lot of stuff behind the line of scrimmage creating those run type plays with TEs/WRs etc or short passes to the RB..
Yeah, I believe he views a quick toss to an RB to be as good as a run. Can't say I disagree. He just has a history of not using the running game as much as other OCs.

I get the feeling this year that our outside running game is going to be mainly done by the receivers on sweeps. I'd expect Lamb and Turpin to end up with a few carries each game.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Itr's kind of sad how fast Zeke have fallen from being a beast to being a Jag. Zeke rookie year was special.