McCarthy on WR Martavis Bryant

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on veteran WR Martavis Bryant, who is on Dallas' practice squad: "I really like him. He's done a really, really good job coming in here, fitting in here. I think just like anybody that's been away for the amount of time he has, there definitely was a conditioning hurdle to get over. He has lost a little weight. I think he has shown more and more with each opportunity. Excellent personality. He's just trying to do everything right. I have a lot of respect for the way he has come in here."

jujoboys

Reaction score
The Bryant signing has Jerry written all over it. McCarthy is probably just trying to appease Jerry by letting Bryant hang around on the practice squad. I will be 100% shocked if this guy is ever active for a meaningful game.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So you're saying he's actually really fat and not all that attractive? McCarthy did say he lost a little weight, as in enough to get him below the 400 lbs. line.
I'm saying there's some coach speak going on there and it's sounding like Bryant is not gonna be ready anytime soon.

links18

Reaction score
Meh, I am surprised McCarthy had time to even notice Bryant was on the team this week. He's supposed to be getting ready for Buffalo.....

visionary

Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. Maybe the plan is that he gets called up for the playoffs.
My conspiracy theory is that if 1 seed is not in play, we rest Dak for week 17 and start Lance. If he plays well, he will be the back up in playoffs and comes in for short yardage and goal line plays

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is just a nice way of saying he isn't good enough. Maybe that changes, that's what the coaches are hoping for anyway. Anything else than calling him up and getting him reps in a game is lip service.