McCarthy on WR Martavis Bryant

rags747

Reaction score
I would put him out there right now in place of #18!
I mean seriously, has 18 added anything to our offense? Are defenses concerned about him in the least? I would put Bryant out there and even Brooks, is it Brooks? Both cannot be any worse imo. 18 has added zero, zilch, nada. Either Dak has no trust in him or he’s not getting open, he is a zero threat right now. Please put another receiver out there that can cause the defense to have to at least pay him a little attention. Coaches always slow to go with the new new thing!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
..playoff secret weapon. Im betting on it. ;)>.
If he doesn’t play during the regular season, they’re not going to play him in the playoffs. He needs some live game reps to be ready.

Praxit

Reaction score
If he doesn’t play during the regular season, they’re not going to play him in the playoffs. He needs some live game reps to be ready.
..good point. I say we see him soon.

JayFord

Reaction score
hes been out of the league and in the xfl

whatever we get will be more than enough

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
..good point. I say we see him soon.
I’m not so sure unless we suffer an injury at WR. I would like to see Jalen Brooks get more opportunities. He had a real nice camp and had some moments this season. I like his potential and don’t want to see his progress hindered by playing an aging WR who hasn’t played in the NFL in five years.

stinkface

Reaction score
Fat guys need to sweat more. Code for he was fat and did not work hard enough to get in game ready shape, but he has a good personality.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know you've really let go of yourself when Mike McCarthy tells you that you have to lose some weight.

GORICO

Reaction score

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on veteran WR Martavis Bryant, who is on Dallas' practice squad: "I really like him. He's done a really, really good job coming in here, fitting in here. I think just like anybody that's been away for the amount of time he has, there definitely was a conditioning hurdle to get over. He has lost a little weight. I think he has shown more and more with each opportunity. Excellent personality. He's just trying to do everything right. I have a lot of respect for the way he has come in here."

mr Risen---they wont let him play against Bills...but i could be wrong

GORICO

Reaction score
You know you've really let go of yourself when Mike McCarthy tells you that you have to lose some weight.
very sad if on receiving end...actually sad if McCarthy even talks about needing to lose excess weight

GORICO

Reaction score
If there is a secret weapon it’s going to be Deuce Vaughn.

He can cause havoc for teams.
love me some Deuce....and he is tough for his size too...wish they get him involved more

GORICO

Reaction score

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on veteran WR Martavis Bryant, who is on Dallas' practice squad: "I really like him. He's done a really, really good job coming in here, fitting in here. I think just like anybody that's been away for the amount of time he has, there definitely was a conditioning hurdle to get over. He has lost a little weight. I think he has shown more and more with each opportunity. Excellent personality. He's just trying to do everything right. I have a lot of respect for the way he has come in here."

Risen---anyone else say it did not load??...it would not for me

Jumbo075

Reaction score
He’s on the practice squad. He’s an afterthought. Mike was just responding to a question out of politeness. He’s not going to publicly kick one of his players - especially not a PS player.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
So you're saying he's actually really fat and not all that attractive? McCarthy did say he lost a little weight, as in enough to get him below the 400 lbs. line.
He lost a little weight from his surgery. Could tell that as soon as he was on the sidelines last game. I hope he sticks to a better diet. The human body can only take so much abuse and neglect.