McCarthy on WR Martavis Bryant

rambo2

Reaction score
I mean seriously, has 18 added anything to our offense? Are defenses concerned about him in the least? I would put Bryant out there and even Brooks, is it Brooks? Both cannot be any worse imo. 18 has added zero, zilch, nada. Either Dak has no trust in him or he’s not getting open, he is a zero threat right now. Please put another receiver out there that can cause the defense to have to at least pay him a little attention. Coaches always slow to go with the new new thing!
It's like they haven't been scoring 40 points a game.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Did we not sign this guy before the emergence of Dak and Jake, let alone Cooks? If Bryant is brought in to take snaps away from those listed it's a no thanks, and I have a Spidey sense #13 is awoken...

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean seriously, has 18 added anything to our offense? Are defenses concerned about him in the least? I would put Bryant out there and even Brooks, is it Brooks? Both cannot be any worse imo. 18 has added zero, zilch, nada. Either Dak has no trust in him or he’s not getting open, he is a zero threat right now. Please put another receiver out there that can cause the defense to have to at least pay him a little attention. Coaches always slow to go with the new new thing!
100% agreed. Spot on.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
we don't need him. Ferg is our Kelce, 88 is our franchise...3 is playing a huge role...13 will play a bigger one as the season winds down.

joseephuss

Reaction score
How many targets do you expect the 4th WR on the team to get? Tolbert and Turpin basically split time as the 4th WR on the team. The Dolphins target their 4th WR, Cedric Wilson the same amount as Tolbert and are considered one of the top passing offenses.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
..playoff secret weapon. Im betting on it. ;)>.
More like playoff secret whiff.

You don't want him getting his first game action in the playoffs.

"A catch, a hit ... FUMBLE!!!! The Eagles recover!"

Carson

Reaction score
I’d call him up a few times just to see and it cost nothing

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean seriously, has 18 added anything to our offense? Are defenses concerned about him in the least? I would put Bryant out there and even Brooks, is it Brooks? Both cannot be any worse imo. 18 has added zero, zilch, nada.
Who do you want him to take targets from? Just like Schoon. Doesn't mean they can't contribute but because they aren't putting numbers up like CeeDee or Ferg they are trash.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tolbert has the disease: LOLA. Lack of lateral agility. Also lacks burst. Easy to dominate at South Alabama where no one can really cut. Should've been a 5th rounder. Taking him in the 3rd was foolish. At least we didn't waste a 3rd on Fehoko.

What's up w/ us taking these small school projects at WR all of a sudden? I don't mind the 5th for Fehoko, but wasting a 3rd on Tolbert was foolish.

conner01

Reaction score
The Bryant signing has Jerry written all over it. McCarthy is probably just trying to appease Jerry by letting Bryant hang around on the practice squad. I will be 100% shocked if this guy is ever active for a meaningful game.
Probably. I think it’s more about a cheap look to see if he can be a guy you bring into camp next year. You get a long look, get him assimilated back into football. Low risk signing
I didn’t think he was great when he was younger but he sure might be more hungry and motivated now.

conner01

Reaction score
Well, he is not getting any younger.
He’s not but years away from the game aren’t the same as years in the game physically. I think it’s about next year too. Cheap, low risk look to see if he can be a player. Maybe he will be more motivated now

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would put him out there right now in place of #18!
145 - 2,183 - 14

NFL career numbers 2014 - 2018.

That is all he did in 5 years and this season is the 5th he has missed. That means he hasn't played in 5 years.

And you would put him in after just 6 weeks on the PS ahead of Tolbert???

Holy moly.