Twitter: McCarthy optimistic Pollard will play this week

817Gill

Reaction score
How dumb it would be to play him now is beyond my thoughts on this one....let him heal for the real game I'm 5 weeks.....clement did fine
I don’t get this take. If players are healthy enough to play they play. This is a competitive sports league teams don’t sit guys with 5 games left in the season to ice them for the playoffs.

There’s still a lot of football to be played and as much as we like Tony he’s not beyond playing hurt. If it’s your QB struggling through an injury I get it, your change of pace back though no way.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t get this take. If players are healthy enough to play they play. This is a competitive sports league teams don’t sit guys with 5 games left in the season to ice them for the playoffs.

There’s still a lot of football to be played and as much as we like Tony he’s not beyond playing hurt. If it’s your QB struggling through an injury I get it, your change of pace back though no way.

The differnce is the health to play at the position vs be effective....with what he does I feel he would be hard pressed to be effective with the injury, hence why give rest and get ready for maximum effectiveness when needed

Granted I could be missing the details on the injury that they haven't shared and it may be less than we all think

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is only Monday. We will know more on Saturday. But I am sure it will be a game time decision, practice or no practice.
I am ok with that.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
How dumb it would be to play him now is beyond my thoughts on this one....let him heal for the real game I'm 5 weeks.....clement did fine

I get the Giants aren’t very good, but you still have to score points to win. With Dak struggling, possibly minus both tackles, it has to come from somewhere.

Mr_437

Reaction score
That injury feels better when your resting it, and you may think you can really do something on it until you do..then it's hurts so bad all over again. The handling of these RBs is questionable imho.

If Pollard plays well on that foot..he has my respect.

dcstar

Reaction score
That injury feels better when your resting it, and you may think you can really do something on it until you do..then it's hurts so bad all over again. The handling of these RBs is questionable imho.

Mr Pollard all ready has earned my respect through his on the field play plus he stays out of the news and causes no controversies. (Think Messrs Randle and Hambrick) He has had to deal with being second class to the over paid and over hyped first stringer and he has seemingly handled it well.

Go Cowboys!

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Well they say it's a "small" tear in his foot, but what happens when he plants on it and a 320 pound defensive tackle wrestles him down to the turf?

This is an injury that's going to bother him the rest of the season, as much as I hate to say it.

817Gill

Reaction score
The differnce is the health to play at the position vs be effective....with what he does I feel he would be hard pressed to be effective with the injury, hence why give rest and get ready for maximum effectiveness when needed

Granted I could be missing the details on the injury that they haven't shared and it may be less than we all think
Eh makes sense I get that side of it. I think I just give the benefit of the doubt to those watching him in practice and up close in person. But yes theoretically if his effectiveness declines significantly then he’s gotta sit until he can get to somewhat close to what he is healthy. I hear the injury is a pain tolerance thing though so if that’s the case he should be fine.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I get the Giants aren’t very good, but you still have to score points to win. With Dak struggling, possibly minus both tackles, it has to come from somewhere.
If the suspend Collins for that after letting the Giants player skate after punching our guy…then. As I’m typing this I realize they likely will and the explanation will be funny.

Praxit

Reaction score
....with all the state of art therapy machinery they have today. Im sure Jerry facilities have the best. Pollard will be ready.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That injury does NOT feel better when you’re resting it, it feels worse. Waking up in the morning with that injury is BRUTAL.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

If he's not fully healed he could damage it more severely. If he is (unlikely after one week) then I'd say, great, let him play.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If the suspend Collins for that after letting the Giants player skate after punching our guy…then. As I’m typing this I realize they likely will and the explanation will be funny.
The Giants player did it in a spontaneous fit of rage.
Collins had time to think about it as he ran to his QB's defense, thus it was premeditated.