Twitter: McCarthy optimistic Pollard will play this week

shabazz

Reaction score
If he's not fully healed he could damage it more severely. If he is (unlikely after one week) then I'd say, great, let him play.

I believe Pollard or someone else said that it’s the type of injury that won’t get worse if played on.

Makes no sense to me since it’s supposed to be immobilized and rested for several weeks. Gotta believe the medical staff knows his limitations and treatment

Reaction score
They need to run, period. If they have to alternate Pollard & Clement, and whoever else, great. Just not Zeke. He is just not helping this team. I can think of several backups who are out of work right now that I would take ahead of him. Stop using him until he doesn't have to hobble back to the huddle every time he runs.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
No reason to rush Pollard back into the lineup. Especially not vs the Giants.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get this take. If players are healthy enough to play they play. This is a competitive sports league teams don’t sit guys with 5 games left in the season to ice them for the playoffs.

There’s still a lot of football to be played and as much as we like Tony he’s not beyond playing hurt. If it’s your QB struggling through an injury I get it, your change of pace back though no way.

Now there's a man who still stands up to pee.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I believe Pollard or someone else said that it’s the type of injury that won’t get worse if played on.

Makes no sense to me since it’s supposed to be immobilized and rested for several weeks. Gotta believe the medical staff knows his limitations and treatment
I think you're thinking of Zeke's injury.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I don’t get this take. If players are healthy enough to play they play. This is a competitive sports league teams don’t sit guys with 5 games left in the season to ice them for the playoffs.

There’s still a lot of football to be played and as much as we like Tony he’s not beyond playing hurt. If it’s your QB struggling through an injury I get it, your change of pace back though no way.
Is your change of pace back really a change of pace back on 1 foot? He is not a guy that we are relying on for 20 carries, But the 10 carries he gets need to be effective. If he is 75% of himself, then why not try to get him to 85%. That is his ceiling with this injury. And we might only get him for 1 game. I would make that 1 game a playoff game. 3 rounds of playoffs and the Super Bowl are 4 straight games. With how banged up our RBs are....we are going to need them all. So you might as well get them all ready to play. I would be stunned if Pollard can play 4 more regular season games...plus 4 more playoff games. BE SMART!!!

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Mr Pollard all ready has earned my respect through his on the field play plus he stays out of the news and causes no controversies. (Think Messrs Randle and Hambrick) He has had to deal with being second class to the over paid and over hyped first stringer and he has seemingly handled it well.

Go Cowboys!
:hammer:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just get Ito up to speed, he is Pollard light but can be serviceable in this offense.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score

Maybe so but the injury he has doesn't heal if he keeps running on it. I've had the same injury and it lingers. I know I'm not an NFL player but his injury is a bugger and needs a little time to heal. Maybe I'm wrong.

RonWashington

Reaction score

I agree to an extent but the 4-9 Giants should be able to get taken by Elliott who got quite a bit of down time in the 4th quarter at the FedEx warehouse Sunday and Clement with a dash of Hardy .

It’s a competitive sport to be sure but you have to be smart too look at big picture . I think MM is taking to talk give the Giants something to think about rather then say a week away Pollard is out. I seriously doubt he plays with the injury they announced .

glimmerman

Reaction score
Skip Bayless said he was done for the season so I just went by that.
Yeah I heard him say that too. Said he was done for the season maybe he could play in the playoffs. Guessing he may take a pain killing injection in the foot. That hurts just thinking about it. I heard someone say he can’t hurt it any worse than it is. But don’t see how he could play on it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It could be that McCarthy isn't showing his hand as frustrating as that may be. You sometimes have to read the writing on the wall. We'll see if there are any roster changes later in the week.

cowboyed

Reaction score
The differnce is the health to play at the position vs be effective....with what he does I feel he would be hard pressed to be effective with the injury, hence why give rest and get ready for maximum effectiveness when needed

Granted I could be missing the details on the injury that they haven't shared and it may be less than we all think
I am sure the medical staff had input into it as well.