Twitter: McCarthy optimistic Pollard will play this week

Reaction score
Something tells me that as the week goes alone the doubt Pollard play will only increase. Probably to the point that he won't actually play

Mr_437

Reaction score
That injury does NOT feel better when you’re resting it, it feels worse. Waking up in the morning with that injury is BRUTAL.
That ish hurts period. I'm speaking from my experience tho.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They say he was close to being able to play yesterday. If that is true then he should be able to play next week.

kramskoi

Reaction score
If there's a rip cord within arms reach on running backs you need to be about ready to pull that sob. I seriously doubt that Pollard can beat this injury going forward...at least for this year. I REALLY hope that I'm wrong on this one. The more I watch this mess the more I'm convinced that this team has been grossly mismanaged (Jones and McCarthy) since Prescott's calf injury...and even before that with the "experimentations" along the offensive line.

This is why I don't share in the optimism of some claiming that everything can be worked out over the next four weeks. If Tyron Smith is going to be hobbled over that stretch then how in the hell is Prescott going to be appreciably better than he has been of late? I don't get it. Moreover, beating up on the hapless Giants and WFT is not going to tell you much about the real strength of your team.

As we have gotten farther away from the Denver game it has become clear that it is entirely possible that this team might eventually squander one of the most significant defensive turnarounds in team history. This is easily the worst I've ever felt about a win in quite some time. Long term, this situation looks a bit more bleak. Prescott is in a BAD way right now...and getting worse.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t get this take. If players are healthy enough to play they play. This is a competitive sports league teams don’t sit guys with 5 games left in the season to ice them for the playoffs.

There’s still a lot of football to be played and as much as we like Tony he’s not beyond playing hurt. If it’s your QB struggling through an injury I get it, your change of pace back though no way.

So players should risk their chance for long-term damage and another contract, for some short-term gain by the franchise?

This ain’t communism…

If I was Tony, I’d get another opinion from a medical expert outside the franchise and go with that…

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
7f8e220554f4d07b2aba08c713e90e85.jpeg

817Gill

Reaction score
So players should risk their chance for long-term damage and another contract, for some short-term gain by the franchise?

This ain’t communism…

If I was Tony, I’d get another opinion from a medical expert outside the franchise and go with that…
Oh not sure if you’re aware of the injury, fully tearing the plantar is much better long term than having a slight tear. It’s purely a pain tolerance thing at this point, so him starting versus sitting is dependent on his tolerance and burst.

Obviously you don’t put a guy out there if he can’t protect himself or if he’s not feeling like it. Thought that went without saying. But this is football, after about week 3-4 everyone has some sort of injury.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Why rush Pollard back? I don't see how tearing your plantar fascia carries with it just a couple of weeks of healing time.

Jipper

Reaction score
Eh makes sense I get that side of it. I think I just give the benefit of the doubt to those watching him in practice and up close in person. But yes theoretically if his effectiveness declines significantly then he’s gotta sit until he can get to somewhat close to what he is healthy. I hear the injury is a pain tolerance thing though so if that’s the case he should be fine.

Yeah man, I don't know enough about it honestly...hopefully it's not a situation where he can make it any worse if he plays on it...we're going to really need him in yhe playoffs and zeke is literally running 12 to 15 times a game for 45 every week.

Got to admit I loved the ceedee wrinkle they did this week too

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If the suspend Collins for that after letting the Giants player skate after punching our guy…then. As I’m typing this I realize they likely will and the explanation will be funny.

There’s power in being a victim is there?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
We're going to the playoffs so rest him as much as possible. Any playoff game is more important than a regular season game that doesn't mean much.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
How dumb it would be to play him now is beyond my thoughts on this one....let him heal for the real game I'm 5 weeks.....clement did fine
The key is whether he’s ready or not. Extra time may mean nothing. If doctors clear you and trainers help the coach decide, no reason not to play. Some injuries are at their nest sooner, and some injuries won’t get better until the offseason.

Jipper

Reaction score
Because his injury isn't a "take 5 weeks and get better" type injury.

Well I'm not an expert but from what I have read it sounds like an 8 week plus injury...granted we have no idea what is really going on with him.

I guess my point here is if he's not able to do what he does best then he could be a liability

817Gill

Reaction score
Yeah man, I don't know enough about it honestly...hopefully it's not a situation where he can make it any worse if he plays on it...we're going to really need him in yhe playoffs and zeke is literally running 12 to 15 times a game for 45 every week.

Got to admit I loved the ceedee wrinkle they did this week too
Yeah Deebo Samuel gives me hope that Ceedee can do that change of pace RB thing. Take some notes from Shanahan and have him do some of that stuff, they have a similar skillset.