Twitter: McCarthy: Plans for WR Martavius Bryant TBD - Not sure if he can help team this year

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Then what is the point of even bringing him here?
For the same reason any other team signs players to the practice squad. They saw something they liked in him and put him on the PS to get a better look. All teams do it everyday.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We need someone now. Philly and SF have added players for this season to make a push.
Oh, I agree. But still nothing wrong with taking this kid. I truly believe we’re the best team in football, just don’t have the best coaching , where never freaking prepared. It’s like we play a crappy team and we think we don’t need to get ready.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. But still nothing wrong with taking this kid. I truly believe we’re the best team in football, just don’t have the best coaching , where never freaking prepared. It’s like we play a crappy team and we think we don’t need to get ready.
We’re a long way from being the best team in the league and some of the reasons are what you mentioned.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This kinda feels like a signing you make when you want to help the guy become eligible for the pension. Who knows.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said WR Martavis Bryant has something the team doesn't have at receiver: The combination of size and speed. That is what intrigues him the most. There is no timetable for him to play. But it's a no lose situation to have him on the practice squad to potentially be a contributor at some point this season

CCBoy

Reaction score
This kinda feels like a signing you make when you want to help the guy become eligible for the pension. Who knows.
Give him a full chance and let him prove himself in that process...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We’re a long way from being the best team in the league and some of the reasons are what you mentioned.
I should’ve said if we had the right coaching