Twitter: McCarthy: Plans for WR Martavius Bryant TBD - Not sure if he can help team this year

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Translation: I don't know what that old fool is thinking. We have four capable receivers who know the offense and the have chemistry with the QB. I can't figure out what to do with a guy who for 5 years has not played in an NFL game.
He's thinking he's cheap and is only taking up a PS spot.
Right on both counts.
I approve of dumpster diving for upside.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas FO should have pursued WRs when it counted the most, instead of waiting until now to make desperate changes. :huh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This signing makes no sense. He fixes nothing. Not even the HC sees a role for him. He may as well not even be here because he is unlikely to be active in a game. Give us help on the OL, not WR.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we'll get him up to speed by next year at 32?
We've got receivers open all over the place so I'm not sure where we're going with this guy.
How about finding a couple of OL and some situational awareness for a couple guys.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So we'll get him up to speed by next year at 32?
We've got receivers open all over the place so I'm not sure where we're going with this guy.
How about finding a couple of OL and some situational awareness for a couple guys.
If Dak cant find/see the open receivers (and with our Red Zone woes) it's a box ticking ,low risk, exercise. I've been assured that the rumor that "Tall Tall" Jones is coming out of retirement and reinventing himself as a receiver was a wind-up.

T-RO

Reaction score
Martavius Bryant talk is a 100% waste of time folks.

Bryant isn't on the roster. 100-1 he'll never be on the roster for meaningful downs. He's paid nothing. Nothing is expected.

Some of you drama folk have no clue. You want to turn this into...
A salvation story...how MB will fix or solve something.
A criminal story....how the FO is screwing up bringing him to the Practice Squad. (What malpractice! LOL)

It's not a story! Good gawd. Nothing to see here. Move along.

rags747

Reaction score
Good lord this is a ludicrous statement.
Ok so we just saw Dobbs who was with the Vikings all of two days lead the Vikings to victory. Seems to me that qb is a much more challenging position than wr.