Twitter: McCarthy press conference today - 03/25/21

Swagger

Reaction score
What’s wrong with you?
Nothing wrong with me I'm just a realist.

Another disappointing season in store. Neal is a very good player but injury prone with bad injuries. I like the signing he's worth the risk given the upside. Aside from him free agency has been a load of JAGS.

Not looking good for next season as it's unlikely the team will be as fortunate with injuries between 2016-19.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with me I'm just a realist.

Another disappointing season in store. Neal is a very good player but injury prone with bad injuries. I like the signing he's worth the risk given the upside. Aside from him free agency has been a load of JAGS.

Not looking good for next season as it's unlikely the team will be as fortunate with injuries between 2016-19.
Then just go away and spare the rest of us your misery.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And he doesn’t want to share about getting a vaccine.

not to get into politics but there hasn’t been any proof of people getting sick due to the vaccine and if league protocols are going to keep coaches 10-14 days away from their team if they test positive, why wouldn’t you take every precaution possible and get the vaccine?

To me that’s just stupidity. Mike and his barn friends coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about why you shouldn’t tell people if you’re getting a vaccine.
I took that to mean he hasnt had the vaccine, and just doesnt want to admit that.
The league stated "fully vaccinated", so I dont know what that means lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Is there a link to watch the PC anywhere?
it is on youtube, just search his name and press conference and youtube, it will show a link.
it is about 56 min and basically a bunch of hot air from MM and avoiding real answers, but I listened to the whole thing being curious.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Bit harsh.

I'm entitled to my view.

You can always ignore me.
I have nothing against your view just wondering since you’ve totally given up on the next 2 years why are you here? Can you answer that?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet.

But I have a feeling Big Mike talked for a long time without really saying anything. That's the nature of these pressers.

stiletto

Reaction score
Just a fatter Garrett to me at this point. I am not sure what he brings to the table AT ALL besides a larger plate of food. Maybe he claps less?? I dunno.

Swagger

Reaction score
I have nothing against your view just wondering since you’ve totally given up on the next 2 years why are you here? Can you answer that?
I will not be posting as often as I have done in the past to avoid wasting too much time but I will occasionally check in because I support the Dallas Cowboys if that's ok with the administrators of this forum.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he doesn’t want to share about getting a vaccine.

not to get into politics but there hasn’t been any proof of people getting sick due to the vaccine and if league protocols are going to keep coaches 10-14 days away from their team if they test positive, why wouldn’t you take every precaution possible and get the vaccine?

To me that’s just stupidity. Mike and his barn friends coming up with crazy conspiracy theories about why you shouldn’t tell people if you’re getting a vaccine.

Not to be political but let me echo the chant from one side of the aisle.

Good stuff.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I will not be posting as often as I have done in the past to avoid wasting too much time but I will occasionally check in because I support the Dallas Cowboys if that's ok with the administrators of this forum.
Wow, I appreciate that. Your the only one who’s said that.

shabazz

Reaction score
Well in McCarthys defense, his people didn’t have the questions given to him from the media so he could read the answers that were written for him and he did manage to finish his comments without any cognitive impairments........so he’s got that going for him:rolleyes:

Motorola

Reaction score
Agreed.

Only things I heard of importance:
  • Crawford retiring
  • Keanu starting with LB coaches (as suspected)
  • Still talking to Sean Lee about returning
  • Aldon Smith is not a final decision (in McCarthy's mind)
  • Big Mac can do a cartwheel (but did not provide video evidence)

The PC could have lasted less than 2 minutes. Very few probing questions were asked.
Just the standard get-together to reunite the press group and HC for the 2021 off season, plus reviewing the first significant phase = FA acquisitions. Similar events probably happening with the other 31 teams.
Next meeting - draft day Saturday, when the Cowboys 1st round pick arrives at the Star.