Twitter: McCarthy Presser: Talks Peters, Cooper Rush, Tolbert, Gallup

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
McCarthy meant to say "well versed" instead of "rehearsed".

This guy is really not that smart.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and stop saying fat mike, it hurts our fat "woke" fans. In the future refer to him as Dumb Fat Mike. Grogrotesque Fat Mike. Lard Asp Mike. Big Dumb Fat Mike. Roly Poly Mike, elephantine Mike. Here's one for the fat guys who don't like to be called fat, Husky Mike, Big Boned Mike, sheesh, pansy asp woke fans.

Okay, Whalelike Mike might be better. maybe Nike could get on board with this one. Be like Mike, Whalelike Mike. Then some fat guy beached on the beach in his Nike shoes.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score

Is there a difference? Or are you thrown off because of your colloquial response set?

zerofill

Reaction score
Rush is going to throw for so many yards Sunday, that we will bypass the remainder of the season and go straight to the playoffs.

• Dak will just retire
  • Rush will get 8 rings to beat Tom Brady.
  • Jerry will finally get the credit he rightfully deserves.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Is there a difference? Or are you thrown off because of your colloquial response set?

Yes, there is a difference.

Well versed = knowledgeable

If I have to give you the definition of "rehearsed" (clue: "well versed" is not slang for "rehearsed") then it id no wonder you believe it is a colloquialism instead of a faux pas.

Szczepanik

Reaction score

I dont believe there is a correlation in word choice during a presser and football coaching ability.

EST_1986

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. We are playing journeymen and undrafted rookie WRs over our talented 3rd round rookie WR who has been “crushing it” at practice the last two weeks because… he was hurt and missed special teams reps?
CHAMPIONSHIP

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
good to hear all is well and everyone is doing great. Nothing like a McCarthy lip service presser...

I love the Rob Phillips quote about Rush having a strong grasp of the system ........make him HC as he's got the advantage on Mike.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I never thought the Cowboys could find a coach more useless than Garrett, but yet here we are.

I wouldn't have believed it either. Had high hopes for Mike, now I just want him gone. Jerry kneecapping him by depleting his roster and talking about the next coach Quinn or Peyton in the offseason did him no favors either. The fact that Mike hasn’t fired Moore and installed his offense tells me he just wants his full buy out to go away and couldn’t care less about winning.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sounds like Gallup, Peters, Tolbert won't be playing this week.
but all WILL BE WEEK 3

i mean all offseason most thought we might be 0-2 anyway

i figured 1-1 before Dak , conner, Kearse, Basham all lost now and didnt realize Moore would abandon the run when it was actually working, thought his boss demanded Zeke play huge part this season...just go fight and help is on its way.,.make push once dak gets back and hope no more major injuries.

0-2 sux but get to 3-3, dak gets back and we started worse in 18(3-5 with only 16 games and one wc, things have changed, easier now) and turned it around.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Tolbert was so impressive to the coaching staff that he can’t make the active roster. He must have really blown them away

Brooksey

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. We are playing journeymen and undrafted rookie WRs over our talented 3rd round rookie WR who has been “crushing it” at practice the last two weeks because… he was hurt and missed special teams reps?

Yes because Houston busted his *** in practice and earned it through special teams.

That's how it works in real life on a football team. Tolbert will get his shot

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes because Houston busted his *** in practice and earned it through special teams.

That's how it works in real life on a football team. Tolbert will get his shot
What’s funny is, if they would have had Tolbert active instead of Houston, everyone would have been talking about how Tolbert is just starting because he was a draft pick and Houston had really earned it.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I wouldn't have believed it either. Had high hopes for Mike, now I just want him gone. Jerry kneecapping him by depleting his roster and talking about the next coach Quinn or Peyton in the offseason did him no favors either. The fact that Mike hasn’t fired Moore and installed his offense tells me he just wants his full buy out to go away and couldn’t care less about winning.
I feel the exact same way

LysleE

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if our esteemed OC is going to call some plays that take advantage of Rush’s strengths, or if it’s the same predictable, stale play calling we have grown to despise. I’m hoping he at least moves the pocket and gives a steady diet of short, quick developing routes for our WRs as I don’t know if our OL will hold up to Bengals pass rush.

On a related note, does anybody ever think that maybe our OC’s play calling is a reflection of the confidence he has in the offense?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's good to finally hear McCarthy mention Fehoko.

He's needs some time out there.

I never thought the Cowboys could find a coach more useless than Garrett, but yet here we are.

At least the players like McCarthy. He's at least a nice, likeable guy from a players' standpoint. They had to have hated Garrett.

Nah, he meant to say rehearsed. Meaning, he's the guy who has the most practice at running the offense behind Dak.

Tolbert was so impressive to the coaching staff that he can’t make the active roster. He must have really blown them away

That part about his hamstring, though. Probably has some merit.

It's always nice to have competition at the lower part of the roster. But you need guys to plug in, too, if those guys don't develop. That's what the Cowboys did wrong this offseason. They are digging around in the trash for WRs who they don't have to pay. So they can spend money on other areas. The problem is, you need firepower in today's NFL.

Last edited: