Twitter: McCarthy Presser Tweets - 11/17/21 - D. Lawrence and Tyron updates

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't trust kickers, I can think of 1 NFL kicker right now that I would trust and that is Justin Tucker. Having said that is game winning situations I have yet to see Zuerlien miss. Yes he has missed others in the course of the game but even after missing a kick when you have seconds left and we have needed that FG he has made them.
I saw Tucker miss a kick recently.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't trust kickers, I can think of 1 NFL kicker right now that I would trust and that is Justin Tucker. Having said that is game winning situations I have yet to see Zuerlien miss. Yes he has missed others in the course of the game but even after missing a kick when you have seconds left and we have needed that FG he has made them.
Zuerlein missed a game-winning FG for the Rams vs the Seahawks (2019):

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
He had a poor game and I stated that, he also hit a 48 yarder to give us the late lead vs Tampa. As bad of a day it was he still came through at the end
Dallas freaking LOST!!!

left NINE points on the turf!!

What was the final score again ???

Seven

Reaction score
Yes and he is not the only kicker who does, I'm saying I don't care of have an inexperienced kicker at this stage of the season. As much as you may not like Zuerlien you cant change the fact that he has won games with long distant FG like he did vs Chargers or hitting the late kick vs Pats that got us to OT with 20 sec in the game. I'll take the vet in those situations
You'll take "the vet" that put Dallas in the OT situation?

Dooms...... c'mon amigo.

Seven

Reaction score
They certainly are in no position to cut him, regardless to what a few uninformed fans think.
Why not?

Lin Elliot was cut on the ride home. Guess what?

What, exactly, makes you so informed? Still waiting on this "range" comment...........spill it. Inform us old wise one.

JustChip

Reaction score
It's already mid-November. If he doesn't play Thanksgiving, which isn't likely, then he gets another 10 more days to rehab, practice, and whatever else before the first game in December.
It’s only 7 days after Thanksgiving to the Saints game. It’s 10 days after that game until the Warshington game.

rambo2

Reaction score
Why not?

Lin Elliot was cut on the ride home. Guess what?

What, exactly, makes you so informed? Still waiting on this "range" comment...........spill it. Inform us old wise one.
Common sense makes me informed. They are not going to risk it on the new guy. They can cut the new guy and resign him or another guy if needed later. The range can be easily looked up. Greg is around 60 and your guy's career long is 55 or 56. They aren't cutting Greg at this time.

Seven

Reaction score
Common sense makes me informed. They are not going to risk it on the new guy. They can cut the new guy and resign him or another guy if needed later. The range can be easily looked up. Greg is around 60 and your guy's career long is 55 or 56. They aren't cutting Greg at this time.

One must have said common sense.

Common sense says a guy that has been in the league for years and struggles with accuracy on EXTRA POINTS is a liability. Period.

Chip shots, bro. Think about it. Think.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lin Elliot says Hi.........

He competed during the pre season he was not thrown in the middle of the season. The following he is cut by Dallas after a hitting 6 of 13 and is out of the league in 96. So you say hi to Elliott I have nothing to say to him. lol