McCarthy really loves our RB situation

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
years from now we will be saying "remember 24 when they finished 25th in rushing and kept telling us how they thought everything was ok?"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on @1053thefan on RB Dalvin Cook: "He took some reps yesterday in the team periods, so we're definitely moving him forward. But the other part of it, too, is I think Rico (Dowdle) and (Ezekiel Elliott) they haven't been given a lot of opportunities too, so it isn't like they haven't done anything to warrant their opportunities decreasing right now. It's a great place to be. It gives us excellent depth. That's a hell of a situation to be in."

He said it best, “It’s a helluva situation to be in” but inside he means it in a bad way. Can’t say it because of Jerry.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy on @1053thefan on RB Dalvin Cook: "He took some reps yesterday in the team periods, so we're definitely moving him forward. But the other part of it, too, is I think Rico (Dowdle) and (Ezekiel Elliott) they haven't been given a lot of opportunities too, so it isn't like they haven't done anything to warrant their opportunities decreasing right now. It's a great place to be. It gives us excellent depth. That's a hell of a situation to be in."

We have the ability and the talent at RB to get the job done, the problem is trash scheme that can't even introduce Deuce and Turp into space.
We are Neanderthals in RB scheme and MM believes that pounding Luepke is big success.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously McCarthy loves his RB situation. It’s one of the nails in his coffin.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All Flournoy fans should read this.......its a peek into MM's mindset how he handles his depth chart. In other words, Flournoy would have to leapfrog Tolbert, Turpins and Brooks to get serious targets and I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Flournoy is already better than Tolbert and especially Brooks, he just has never been given the chance.
Watch this young man shine folks, its FN time peeps.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have the ability and the talent at RB to get the job done, the problem is trash scheme that can't even introduce Deuce and Turp into space.
We are Neanderthals in RB scheme and MM believes that pounding Luepke is big success.
Yes, too much pass happy WCO which never emphasizes the run but in words only.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously McCarthy loves his RB situation. It’s one of the nails in his coffin.
If we had Barkley instead of Zeke do you think we would have noticed a difference?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes, too much pass happy WCO which never emphasizes the run but in words only.
Why is implementing some motion out of the backfield so difficult, I ask this honestly and I will give you the answer.
Takes a well-coached and disciplined team to run motion without incurring offsides and holding.
Two of which we seem to excel at.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we had Barkley instead of Zeke do you think we would have noticed a difference?
No doubt we would notice some difference, he’s got a lot more juice than Zeke. Barkley scares people, he can break off some big runs. None of our backs scare anyone. However, part of the problem is run blocking so Barkley wouldn’t have made a huge difference but he would’ve provided a running threat that has to be accounted for.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I left this out. Barkley has runs of 59, 65 and 34 yards. Our longest run from scrimmage this season is 12 yards by CeeDee so yes we would have noticed a difference with Barkley. If he’s still healthy by the time we play Philly he’s going to be a real problem. You can almost bet he’ll break one against us.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why is implementing some motion out of the backfield so difficult, I ask this honestly and I will give you the answer.
Takes a well-coached and disciplined team to run motion without incurring offsides and holding.
Two of which we seem to excel at.
Currently, the Cowboys are 6th in most penalties and trending up. 11 last week I think. Penalties are killing the team. Offense can’t get in a rhythm and defense, well it doesn’t matter so far.