McCarthy was supposed to give Dallas an edge

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Coach Mike McCarthy’s team has looked sloppy and unprepared too often this season. There have been too many blown coverages, too many special teams miscues and too many penalties.

There has also been some questionable strategy. He was supposed to give the Cowboys an edge on the sideline. Through three games, it hasn’t happened yet.

cern

Reaction score
Coach Mike McCarthy’s team has looked sloppy and unprepared too often this season. There have been too many blown coverages, too many special teams miscues and too many penalties.

There has also been some questionable strategy. He was supposed to give the Cowboys an edge on the sideline. Through three games, it hasn’t happened yet.
And you have decided in your planck length knowledge after three games he's been a failure???

Praxit

Reaction score
Clearly no normal offseason, training camp and preseason has negatively impacted the Cowboys. Especially on defense. Just need more time to sort it out. Winnable games coming up.
.....^^^^^ yup, yup. This is a weird season to begin with. Still dont know what else it can bring. Im sure MM is caught off guard adapting to Covid, coaching, Dallas city, Dallas players ..etc.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Clearly no normal offseason, training camp and preseason has negatively impacted the Cowboys. Especially on defense. Just need more time to sort it out. Winnable games coming up.

And a crap-ton of injuries. This team is a MASH unit. Good thing the rest of the NFCE is a dumpster fire. There is still time to work out some of the kinks. Not saying this defense is going to be world-beaters, but they can certainly limit some of the basic mistakes they have been making.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Covid.

New coaching staff.

No preseason.

No off-season.

Minimum training camp (1st two weeks they couldn't practice in pads).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’ll be given a grace period due to no offseason, however he did suffer back to back losing seasons in Green Bay and the Packers look a lot better since he was fired. I said the day he was hired I’m not thrilled with the hire but I’m okay with it. He’ll likely be given at least three seasons to turn the team around.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
.....^^^^^ yup, yup. This is a weird season to begin with. Still dont know what else it can bring. Im sure MM is caught off guard adapting to Covid, coaching, Dallas city, Dallas players ..etc.

Nah. He’s just thinking of how much food he can buy with his new coaching contract now. You don’t see that Burger King menu he holds during games? Dude doesn’t even say anything during games. He just stands there with a horrid look on his face.

The other day (I think the Atlanta game) a reporter asked him about the linebackers I think? I’m not sure. But his responses was “meh”. Like what kind of response is that?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Covid.

New coaching staff.

No preseason.

No off-season.

Minimum training camp (1st two weeks they couldn't practice in pads).
Along with two hurt tackles, a myriad of injuries in the secondary. This team has looked like crap at times but a lot of these people aren't normal starters. What do we 8 or 9 people now on IR?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s an obvious built-in excuse if this season turns into a disaster but the wins are going to have to start coming consistently next season or McCarthy will be on the hot seat heading into year three. Jerry isn’t tied to him like he was Garrett. McCarthy was brought here to pay dividends quick especially with all the talent this team is supposed to have. When Parcells was hired he turned a 5-11 team that had little talent into a 10-6 playoff team in one season. McCarthy was brought in with high expectations and I doubt the Joneses will be overly patient with him.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
No one will pay attention to this season because..............

Loso86

Reaction score

With the way the off season has gone nd all the injuries plus coaching change and scheme change and influx of new talent it's going to take a little while. However, He is an Offensive minded coach and I've noticed a difference on the O side. Mostly with the adjustments made throughout the game and not weeks later. With Garrett the injuries would have been too much but were still playing like we should be 3-0 minus stupid mental mistakes. This team is diff. Just have to get the Defense in order.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And you have decided in your planck length knowledge after three games he's been a failure???
This is an assessment after 3 games . Subject to change pending the results.

Do you think he’s provided us an edge the first 3 games?

Last edited: