Twitter: McCarthy won't attend annual league meeting

quickccc

Reaction score

Dude does not attend Senior Bowls, does not believe in his assistant coaches attending Senior Bowls .. surprised he felt like showing up NFL combines,

He has a way about coaching and demeanor that i'm not fond of and it's difficult to see how it inspires and motivates players - and nuthin he does translates to
the playing field - seems like its all and more about certain coordinators, position coaches and what type and level of opposing, 'competitive teams we're playing

i don't feel his presence, and it is seeming more and more that he's here for the paycheck, and he's getting such interference from the Jones that he cannot
really be the McCarthy per SB Packers, he was hired to be.

Just feels like he's more Barry Switzer laid back ..than SB McCarthy ..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dude does not attend Senior Bowls, does not believe in his assistant coaches attending Senior Bowls .. surprised he felt like showing up NFL combines,

He has a way about coaching and demeanor that i'm not fond of and it's difficult to see how it inspires and motivates players - and nuthin he does translates to
the playing field - seems like its all and more about certain coordinators, position coaches and what type and level of opposing, 'competitive teams we're playing

i don't feel his presence, and it is seeming more and more that he's here for the paycheck, and he's getting such interference from the Jones that he cannot
really be the McCarthy per SB Packers, he was hired to be.

Just feels like he's more Barry Switzer laid back ..than SB McCarthy ..

To an extent, I agree, and he should attend the Senior Bowls. That said, i"m not sure what he'd get out of the league meetings.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Remember when Mike McCarthy told Jerry that he spent his year away from coaching studying every play from that season? Then remember when a few months later Mike admitted he only said that because he wanted the job?

Why do I get the feeling that 6 months from now we learn that Mike McCarthy didn't spend this week studying anything and took time off to hang in Cabo knowing the entire Jones family would be gone?

Reactions: CWR

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
One foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel.

It's one thing to lie to Jerry to get paid, it's another to have an unscripted laugh at his expense in front of the media over it.

Only reason McCarthy is still here is because Jerry has to pay him anyway and he is holding the fort until Payton is ready and the compensation is less.
There’s no guarantee Payton leaves the cushy booth for Jerry and the Cowboys.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ImaginaryDarlingAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-max-1mb.gif
I always knew he had a fetish....

morat1959

Reaction score
I think it’s because there aren’t many / never are more than a handful of jobs in the NFL per year.

He’s coached in Dallas, owns a house in Dallas and isn’t a puppet coach.

I don’t have Big Mike and their records are almost identical. I just feel Mike is more of a yes man now and just collecting checks
He’ll never coach here if he’s not a puppet coach.

conner01

Reaction score
Kind of hard to sell a guy is a lame duck when he's more involved in the draft process than ever before.

But hey, fans are gonna fan.
Every coach is one bad season from being a lame duck with very few exceptions
Winning cures all, losing makes you a lame duck
That’s football

fivetwos

Reaction score
There’s no guarantee Payton leaves the cushy booth for Jerry and the Cowboys.
Not at all and it's nothing I'm counting on....but it's quite plausible.

I dont see Jerry telling the kid.....hey I'm quitting and hire whoever you like.

And theres no need for it to be a puppet at that point.

So maybe we get someone worth a damn for a change.

CWR

Reaction score
Remember when Mike McCarthy told Jerry that he spent his year away from coaching studying every play from that season? Then remember when a few months later Mike admitted he only said that because he wanted the job?

Why do I get the feeling that 6 months from now we learn that Mike McCarthy didn't spend this week studying anything and took time off to hang in Cabo knowing the entire Jones family would be gone?

I do remember him confessing during a press conference. I'd love to see the context of the discussion because I can't remember exactly what was asked. He had that entire special where he talked about the coaching round table and analytics and he sold me. However, since he's been here I can't name a time his great expertise with analytics has given us a competitive advantage.

He really lost my with the admission he didn't participate in the offensive game plan during our playoff game. Smh

Dre11

Reaction score
9-8

This meeting has nothing to do with how we'll finish the season, but it's just another example of not being fully in. I can't really blame the guy, because he has been set up to fail anyways.

But anyways, refer to things like this when we're struggling during the season and you just cannot understand what's wrong, okay?

Lol ..again this meeting has absolutely nothing to do with where they will finish, he's actually doing something more important, that will have far more effect on us winning or losing than a coaches and owner's meeting.
The fact you think this has an any effect on the team success or lack of success, suggest you have no clue or any understanding of what is wrong with this team. I'm not going to be the dumb one to say after next season if it goes south, oh remember that meeting he skipped to scout players for the draft.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Lol ..again this meeting has absolutely nothing to do with where they will finish, he's actually doing something more important, that will have far more effect on us winning or losing than a coaches and owner's meeting.
The fact you think this has an any effect on the team success or lack of success, suggest you have no clue or any understanding of what is wrong with this team. I'm not going to be the dumb one to say after next season if it goes south, oh remember that meeting he skipped to scout players for the draft.
9-8 regardless of him going to this meeting or not.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Didnt the dude blow off the senior bowl as well?

As others have said, looks like he is just phoning it in at this point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Kind of hard to sell a guy is a lame duck when he's more involved in the draft process than ever before.

But hey, fans are gonna fan.
exactly he wont attend MEETNGS but will be heavy in selecting drafted players OF THE FUTURE that he somehow isn't part of., so its for the next coach makes total sense. Umm NOT:facepalm::muttley:.lmao so ignorant to say it..but do fans hear themselves....??Umm bet not they have too many voices in their hades to hear over the clutter.