McCarthy won't talk about Mazi or his own weight

CWR

Reaction score
Since when is it controversial to talk about the ideal playing weight for a lineman?

Give me a break, this is deflection and nothing more. Not a good sign for Mazi.

I swear we need to keep these coaches out of the draft room.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Didn’t recall that part. I just remember MM saying he thought it was time to address DT. McClay gets a F as well then.
McClay stuck his neck out for Mazi, you can tell from this press conference that MM really wanted to go OG last year

speedkilz88

Reaction score
GONIc4-WUAA9eqO

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The reluctance to specify an ideal weight for Mazi is inexplicable. What's so hard about saying 320 lbs is ideal?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I hope Mazi gets his stuff worked out for himself mentally really hate to see a young man struggle like that. Seems like a good dude so I’m gonna still root for the guy to turn it around.

chagus

Reaction score
Go look up the whole draft. The whole draft was weak. But DT can take some time. Mazi will have a better career than Taco did.
We can certainly hope thats the case. As it stands, Dallas is in need of DT help. Mazi is hurt.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not as concerned about Mazi’s weight as I am about him making plays. If he’s 330 or 295…just make plays.

Now Mike McCarty’s weight….Im a little concerned. :cool:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The arrows keep pointing down on Mazi. We’ll see if he lasts longer with the team than Taco.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Mazi should have been a red flag before the draft. His desire to play was suspect and it seems like he’s comfortable collecting a paycheck.
I'm not quite ready to write the guy off yet, but we should know before too long whether he's salvageable or not.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
McClay didn’t pick him. It was a MM pick really if you watch the draft room footage. The other guys were leaning OG.
McClay talked him up big time following the draft. If he was against the pick, he certainly did a great job of hiding it and supporting the pick.

cowboyed

Reaction score
McCarthy is pissed because Mazi won't listen up and fatten up.