McCarthy's decision not to challenge

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
well, the guys in the booth were down at the concession stands getting big mike a cheeseburger. mike was looking up to see if the guys had left the booth yet and didn't even know anything was going on.

garrett would have been clapping on the catch if he was still here, so the upgrade was about the same. go go clapper.

Verdict

Reaction score
That most likely cost this team a win and possibly a playoff appearance because the head coach was too scared to challenge a play that was clearly a close call in game time action.

The fact that he didn't want to risk a timeout in order to prevent the Giants from kicking a field goal clearly and keep it a 1 point game demonstrates Mike McCarthy is a terrible coach.

Seriously how do you not challenge that catch in that situation.

Terrible.
We weren’t going to get that call reversed. We are the Dallas Cowboys. We don’t get calls.

plymkr

Reaction score
You can't be a good head coach and screw up like that.

McCarthy is not a good head coach.
I agree. There have been many decisions this season that you watch unfold and you think how is this guy a NFL head coach. In a win or go home game you can't make coaching mistakes like that, unless you have Aaron Rodgers in his prime to bail you out. Which is what happened in the past and but now no Aaron no bailout. He's exposed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That most likely cost this team a win and possibly a playoff appearance because the head coach was too scared to challenge a play that was clearly a close call in game time action.

The fact that he didn't want to risk a timeout in order to prevent the Giants from kicking a field goal clearly and keep it a 1 point game demonstrates Mike McCarthy is a terrible coach.

Seriously how do you not challenge that catch in that situation.

Terrible.
It turns out the decision to not challenge did not cost us all that much.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again I have to apologise to Aaron Rodgers. I thought it was just sour grapes when he basically called MM a mental midget.
This guy is a box of rocks.

There was another call on special teams when he was standing there talking to the ref and he had to wait until the special teams coach came down and told him what to do.

I was floored

Nav22

Reaction score
All I know is that after Washington wins tonight, we’ll all look back at this loss for exactly what it was.

A blessing in disguise.

You guys really think Philly was going to go all-out to hand Dallas a division title?
:laugh:
I’ll just leave this here.
:thumbup:

aria

Reaction score
We weren’t going to get that call reversed. We are the Dallas Cowboys. We don’t get calls.
Guess you missed the two ridiculous penalties that were called against the Giants and potentially changed the outcome of the game? Remember the holding non call from our first game against the Giants in October or should I find the video as a refresher?

The officials did everything they could to help us win yesterday short of giving us a TD.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
We had the entire world of coaching options available to us. And we interviewed exactly 2 candidates: Marvin Lewis and Mike McCarthy.

This is the result you get.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I would've liked to have won the game yesterday, but I wouldn't come unglued if we had won and then Eagles tanked.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Not going to Lie. For McCarthy to be a "seasoned" vet coach. He might of looked worst then Garrett ever looked.