McClain on Texans min asking price of Watson if it happens

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well, the Rams said ‘hold my beer’ and came pretty close to a Herschel Walker trade bounty.

You need to do some research. The Walker trade got the Cowboys THREE 1st round picks, THREE 2nd round picks, one 3rd round pick, 1 6th round pick and THREE players. That's a total of EIGHT draft picks for Walker and a total of just three picks for Stafford. Not even ANYWHERE close to the Walker trade.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You need to do some research. The Walker trade got the Cowboys THREE 1st round picks, THREE 2nd round picks, one 3rd round pick, 1 6th round pick and THREE players. That's a total of EIGHT draft picks for Walker and a total of just three picks for Stafford. Not even ANYWHERE close to the Walker trade.

Got as close to a Herschel trade as we will ever see in this day and age.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Got as close to a Herschel trade as we will ever see in this day and age.

Ya and lets see if in the next 4 or 5 years if the lions win 3 Super Bowls in 4 years like the Walker trade did.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. Well, get the bidding war started and I guess we'll see.

I seriously doubt there will be that much of a bidding war because of his contract and a smaller cap for 2021. There's not very many teams that will be able to afford that contract.

khiladi

Reaction score
Watson stats 4th quarter within 7:

55 of 71, 77.5%, 738 yards 10.4 YPC, 6 TDs 1 INT 8 sacks 132.2 QBR

Dak “clutch” Prescott within 7:

36 22 61.1%, 167 yards 4.6, 1 TD 2 INT 11 sacks 60.8 QBR

So a guy who gets sacked way more than Prescott, suddenly gets sacked way less than Mr. Clutch. 11 of Dak’s 23 total sacks occurred during this stretch of football. Who exactly goes into a shell when the game is on the line and starts throwing an average of 4 yard passes?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I did not see the game so I do not know. I do know that I would rather have Brady in a big game over Rodgers. Chokers choke. Age is finally catching up to Brady.
But it doesn't matter because of your weird logic, Tom Brady was better than Aaron Rodgers because wins are a QB stat.

Anyone who watched the game could tell you how ridiculous that statement is.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
But it doesn't matter because of your weird logic, Tom Brady was better than Aaron Rodgers because wins are a QB stat.

Anyone who watched the game could tell you how ridiculous that statement is.

Wins are one stat, one very important stat, especially in big games. It is not the only stat. Tom Brady is a better QB than Rodgers looking back at their careers to date. Tom Brady is nowhere as good as he used to be but he can still win. Brady made the key plays and key audibles and other intangibles. Rodgers did not.

Sorry. Brady is the greatest of all time. Deal with it.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Wins are one stat, one very important stat, especially in big games. It is not the only stat. Tom Brady is a better QB than Rodgers looking back at their careers to date. Tom Brady is nowhere as good as he used to be but he can still win. Brady made the key plays and key audibles and other intangibles. Rodgers did not.

Sorry. Brady is the greatest of all time. Deal with it.

You cannot objectively say that Brady performed better than Rodgers on Sunday.

kskboys

Reaction score
You cannot objectively say that Brady performed better than Rodgers on Sunday.
I thought Brady made plays when it counted, Rodgers was too busy going 3 and out. That's what I remember.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
He's very well connected to the franchise, so you can take this to the bank......

I'm a big time Watson fan and I can tell you right now that's a bit rich for my blood you giving up a total of 6 players for one and then have to take on his salary. They crazy if they believe they're getting that from any team. He's great don't get me wrong but that's franchise crippling moves right there.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm a big time Watson fan and I can tell you right now that's a bit rich for my blood you giving up a total of 6 players for one and then have to take on his salary. They crazy if they believe they're getting that from any team. He's great don't get me wrong but that's franchise crippling moves right there.

Agree 100% but as stated earlier, it's their ASKING PRICE. But I do think it's going a take three 1st and starter at least.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Check this out.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I get it they feel they need a top flight qb but there's no way I'm giving up Nick Bosa and two first sheesh that's a lot. Unless you have some gem behind him that you feel can get you that production off the edge.

Agree 100% but just wanted to show the frenzy going on for a chance at Watson. We have to remember it's rare, very rare a 5 top YOUNG QB w/o warts ( such as injury or character concerns ) are avail for trade or avail at all for that matter.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Agree 100% but just wanted to show the frenzy going on for a chance at Watson. We have to remember it's rare, very rare a 5 top YOUNG QB w/o warts ( such as injury or character concerns ) are avail for trade or avail at all for that matter.
The fact that you have these type of QB's on the market in their prime says a lot about how poor some of these front offices are being run now a days. I mean seriously could you ever imagine seeing a young Manning(Eli), Brady, Peyton, or Rivers on the market this young into their careers. I mean heck even a Matty Ice this young into his career this is some unprecedented territory right now.