McFarlane Marion Barber III pics

coogrfan

Reaction score
Here's the last of this year's Cowboy figures. Due in stores in mid-December.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/nfl19_mbarber_photo_01_dp.jpg
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/nfl19_mbarber_photo_03_dp.jpg
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/nfl19_mbarber_photo_04_dp.jpg

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
too bad they couldnt get him with his stiff arm pose.....or his "I run like I pulled a groin" gallop

coogrfan

Reaction score
Note that the base used here is a temp used for the prototype. The retail version will have the traditional grass-textured base TMP has always used (although they will be smaller than before).

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
They will have a Tony Romo 2 in September and a Demarcus Ware in October as well. These guys are based in Arizona and I get all the Boys figures!@!!

nfl18_dware_photo_03_dp.jpg

coogrfan

Reaction score
TARGET STORES TO CARRY EXCLUSIVE FOOTBALL FIGURE

National Retailer Will Also Carry New 3-inch Football Figures
October 31, 2008
Copyright 2008 TMP International, Inc.

Starting next January, Sports Picks collectors will have a new place to find their favorite collectibles. Select Target stores will be carrying our NFL 2009, Wave 3 lineup to kick off their return to the Sports Picks Family. As part of their NFL 2009, Wave 3 assortment, Target stores will receive an exclusive "Thanksgiving Day" version of Cowboys running back, Marion Barber III.

Alongside Barber and the rest of NFL 2009, Wave 3, Target stores will also be carrying an assortment of 3-inch NFL figures. This "best of the best" 3-inch lineup includes LaDainian Tomlinson, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, Peyton & Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger.

There are approximately 1,500 Target stores in 47 states, including more than 175 SuperTarget® stores that add an upscale grocery shopping experience. This Sports Picks renaissance begins with approximately 350 Target stores - stay tuned to Spawn.com for a full store listing to find the location nearest you.
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/tretr.jpg

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how good these things look. They are very realistic.

bsheeern

Reaction score
vta;2388485 said:
I'm surprised at how good these things look. They are very realistic.
Something looks really weird abnout the face mask on the Thanksgiving Barber. Or is it just me?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bsheeern;2388494 said:
Something looks really weird abnout the face mask on the Thanksgiving Barber. Or is it just me?

The helmet as a whole looks small relative to his body.

The facemask and the straps are also very large in proportion. All in all though, pretty good likeness.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Why do all of the McFarlane helmets look so weird. If they are going to pay so much attention to detail...get things right.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care what anybody says. Our throwbacks are SWEET, even on a figurine.

blackrat

Reaction score
Were you guys able to find the Thanksgiving Marion Barber. I live in South carolina right outside of Charlotte and the Targets around here as far as i know never got any. I even looked for empty shelf tags and nothing!!!!

Thanks
Wade

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
blackrat;2489388 said:
Were you guys able to find the Thanksgiving Marion Barber. I live in South carolina right outside of Charlotte and the Targets around here as far as i know never got any. I even looked for empty shelf tags and nothing!!!!

Thanks
Wade
screwe you Wade. stop letting your players talk to the media.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
blackrat;2489388 said:

Thanks
Wade

I think they said in an earlier post they wouldn't be in Targets until Jan.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
coogrfan;2171978 said:
Note that the base used here is a temp used for the prototype. The retail version will have the traditional grass-textured base TMP has always used (although they will be smaller than before).

...the Demarcus Ware and he had the smooth turf base. Other figures from other teams all had the smooth turf base.

I get the feeling that McFarlane has changed Chinese vendors and the original base moulds did not transfer from one factory to another.

The other thought would be they are getting the non textured base at a cheaper price.

Anyway one looks at it the "prototype" smooth base looks terrible.