Mcflabb suffers bruised chest

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
McNabb has chest bruise, status to be determined By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

A battery of tests performed on Tuesday morning confirmed Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb suffered a bruised chest in the Monday night loss at Atlanta, and the availability of the Eagles' star for this week likely will be determined by how he responds in the next few days.

Coach Andy Reid said McNabb had undergone an MRI, CT scan and X-rays and that all of the tests indicated the bruised chest. There may be further tests in coming days. The Eagles play San Francisco on Sunday at Lincoln Financial Field.

"We knew he was hurting," Reid said of McNabb. "It wasn't nearly as bad last night as it was this morning. Obviously, it tightened up on him. But he felt comfortable playing. He never said a word about it."

Reid said that, in cases of chest injuries, the Eagles take "extra precautions" in evaluating the injury and doing follow-up testing. League rules stipulate that the Eagles don't have to officially update McNabb's injury status until Wednesday.

McNabb was injured on the Eagles' first possession of the game on a play in which he was hit on his left side by Falcons defensive end Brady Smith and in his chest by tackle Chad Lavalais. His deep pass up the left sideline, intended for Terrell Owens, clearly was affected by the impact, and was intercepted by D'Angelo Hall.

When he went to the sideline, McNabb removed his pads, did some stretching and was examined by the team's medical staff. He returned on the next series.

Under heavy pressure all evening, as the Falcons generally played an eight-man front and blitzed him liberally, McNabb absorbed a fierce beating. He completed 24 of 45 passes for 257 yards and one touchdown, but had three turnovers and registered just one run rush, for no yards.

Reid acknowledged there was far too much pressure on McNabb and allowed that the injury may have played a role in the quarterback's seeming reluctance to run.

"He was in a little bit of pain," Reid said. "I don't know if that had any affect on his decisions to run or not run. It didn't look like there was a lot of room to run, [but] the injury might have affected it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2160666

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I'm sure it is bruised. He got Jacked Up! That guy clearly speared him. I bet he gets fined.

1fisher

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:
I'm sure it is bruised. He got Jacked Up! That guy clearly speared him. I bet he gets fined.

He gets fined only because he hit a Philly player..... :D

silver

Reaction score
the madden jinx. you called it. mcflubb really looked terrible after the hit. he was very innaccurate after that. the eagles window of opportunity is shutting down faster than andy reid can gobble up a dozen donuts. and of course the guy is fined. i'm suprised they didn't throw the flag. it was a blatant use of the crown of his helmet.

1fisher

Reaction score
silver said:
the madden jinx. you called it. mcflubb really looked terrible after the hit. he was very innaccurate after that. the eagles window of opportunity is shutting down faster than andy reid can gobble up a dozen donuts. and of course the guy is fined. i'm suprised they didn't throw the flag. it was a blatant use of the crown of his helmet.

I've looked and can't find any photo's of the hit.

Dragonking, what's a jink? :lmao2:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
madden jinx never left.

last time i checked ravens didnt make the playoffs last year.;)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
He wasn't the same after the hit. Regardless of how much I ahte Philly, I think with Trotter and McNabb not getting drilled, they win the game. Dunn torched them all day, and the backup MLB was terrible at filling gaps. I don't even see why Duckett was getting the ball...he looked good near the goalline and on short yardage, thats about it. Dunn was running all over Philly. I like how a shifty back, somone like Jones, can torch Philly's run D. Boy does Dawkins look good as ever though.

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan said:

He got hit good...and injuries suck, but....

Wait till he gets a taste of the Boyz defense this year! He will come out of that game with a brusied brain! I guarantee it! :mad:

McSlob had his 15 seconds of fame against the Dallas Cowboys...never again!

:starspin

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
What about the blow to the head on Vick which caused the badly called fumble? We leave too much judgement on the referrees IMO.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
He wasn't the same after the hit. Regardless of how much I ahte Philly, I think with Trotter and McNabb not getting drilled, they win the game. Dunn torched them all day, and the backup MLB was terrible at filling gaps. I don't even see why Duckett was getting the ball...he looked good near the goalline and on short yardage, thats about it. Dunn was running all over Philly. I like how a shifty back, somone like Jones, can torch Philly's run D. Boy does Dawkins look good as ever though.

I hate to agree with you, but I think you are dead on...Trotter getting tossed was huge. After McNabb got drilled he could not even get close to his WR...threw a few in the ground. He was in pain.

I'm so glad they lost! At the same time I'm sick of hearing how Vick only knows how to win...he turns the ball over x times without any TD's...horrible stats and he's a QB God...so freakin overrated as a QB...as an athlete he's unbelievable, but QB very overrated!

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I hate to agree with you, but I think you are dead on...Trotter getting tossed was huge. After McNabb got drilled he could not even get close to his WR...threw a few in the ground. He was in pain.

I'm so glad they lost! At the same time I'm sick of hearing how Vick only knows how to win...he turns the ball over x times without any TD's...horrible stats and he's a QB God...so freakin overrated as a QB...as an athlete he's unbelievable, but QB very overrated!

Vick is absoutely whoreable as a QB! He is NOT a QB! End of sentence...period! His passes look awful.... :confused: Some were good...but most of them? :cool:

I mentioned in another post that Kartr was most likely right...QC is a better all around QB then Vick! And, that is bad...! Good athlete...bad QB!

However! His team won! :laugh2: How embarissing! :lmao:

:star:

ghst187

Reaction score
a bruised chest?!? can't philthy come up with a better excuse than that?
quick, someone get a microphone and a camera in front of TO and ask him what he thinks about Mcnabb's injury....
bruised chest give me a break....put some vagisil on it tough guy...

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:

I completely agree with you. And yes, I'm happy Philly lost as well. Vick is an incredible athlete, and granted, without him, ATL doesn't win alot of games, so in that respect, he's good, but he's terrible in the pocket. This is the guys 5th year in the NFL, and he still can't get it down..I'm not sure he's going to learn.

He's great for the NFL, brings in more fans and viewers. He's exciting to watch. But his inconsistancy in the pocket is incredible. I mean, he will come out and gunn a PERFECT pass into double coverage, then miss 4 easy ones. He threw like 4 passes 10 yards away from any of his WR, pressured or not, thsoe are terrible throws. He has a cannon, but he still hasn't harnessed it.

Philly showed it in the NFC Championship game, Vick is containable. In Tampa Bay's Super Bowl year, I remember, that defense shut him down with ease. Vick and Atlanta will beat most teams, they are probably in the top 6 in the NFL. But in the playoffs, when it gets down to the final 4 teams, those teams are too good, and his lack of passing ability loses games. I get the feeling whatever team in the NFC they face in the championship game is going to be good enough to contain him.

His career is over when those legs don't churn that fast anymore. Who knows, he might learn the whole pocket thing, but in 5 years he still doesn't have it down. That's where I see other running QB's and him differently. Randall Cunningham was a great runner, but he could also throw out of the pocket. Look at his years in Minnesota, his numbers were astronomical.

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
a bruised chest?!? can't philthy come up with a better excuse than that?
quick, someone get a microphone and a camera in front of TO and ask him what he thinks about Mcnabb's injury....
bruised chest give me a break....put some vagisil on it tough guy...

I found out that the trainers gave the Eagles team some Cry-LaNal to help with the sadness... :lmao:

But, the Eagles don't make excuses...they lost...deal with it! :mad:

The Commanders are the the next excuse makers! Just you wait and C...! Look up...there are Stars there...in case you missed it....

love
Mkyle

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Mkyle said:
Vick is absoutely whoreable as a QB! He is NOT a QB! End of sentence...period! ...QC is a better all around QB then Vick! And, that is bad...!
That is absolutely the most ridiculous overexaggeration I have ever read, but you have every right to believe that a)Vick is a horrible QB (despite the fact that his team wins with him at QB and loses with anyone else and B) that QC is a better QB than Vick... or any other starting QB in the NFL (despite the fact that he has never been good enough to accomplish anything near what Vick has accomplished.

It's a new day in the NFL...Vick is a new type of QB...he can pass, though he is not as accurate as many others, and it is very very hard to stop that offense with him at QB...if he was nothing but a runner, then teams with guys like Tomlinson and Deuce McCalister would be winning by putting their RB's under center and running the option.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
He wasn't the same after the hit.

You're right. He just didn't look the same afterwards. I was wondering if he puking in the huddle between plays. ;)