McNabb may be done for season

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Eagles | McNabb could miss the remainder of the season
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:05:10 -0800

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles head coach is expected to give an update on QB Donovan McNabb's (hernia) condition Wednesday, Nov. 16. According to Eckel, don't be shocked if that update includes McNabb being shut down for the rest of the season. McNabb said he would do all he could to play, but acknowledged that he is hurt. "I felt the groin maybe popped or maybe shifted in a new, different direction," McNabb said. "I had some tightness early in the game and just the previous weeks. I was trying to force (S Roy Williams) inside and I got pushed (by LB Shawn Shanle) and my leg got twisted a little bit." Perhaps it's time for McNabb to just call it a season? "It's hard for me to say that," McNabb said.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

Mark Eckel, of the Trenton Times, reports Philadelphia Eagles head coach is expected to give an update on QB Donovan McNabb's (hernia) condition Wednesday, Nov. 16. According to Eckel, don't be shocked if that update includes McNabb being shut down for the rest of the season. McNabb said he would do all he could to play, but acknowledged that he is hurt. "I felt the groin maybe popped or maybe shifted in a new, different direction," McNabb said. "I had some tightness early in the game and just the previous weeks. I was trying to force (S Roy Williams) inside and I got pushed (by LB Shawn Shanle) and my leg got twisted a little bit." Perhaps it's time for McNabb to just call it a season? "It's hard for me to say that," McNabb said.

Who is LB Shawn Shanle

Hoov

Reaction score
Another reporter could not even get the player right. It was Bradie James.

Also, McNabb should sit, his play is sporadic, the eagles chances of winning the division dont look good at all. Why keep playing him at this point.

Eddie

Reaction score
I felt really bad for McNabb. He's a warrior and I have the utmost respect for him.

But seeing him laying on the ground, writhing in pain wasn't a nice sight.

I know it's football, and violence happens. I don't think Bradie James intentionally hit him hard ... but I think he laid into McNabb alittle harder than was necessary. A simple block would have been enough. McNabb was in no position to tackle Roy.

Maybe the hit looked harder than it was ... but I felt badly for McNabb. He plays in severe pain with the biggest heart in football. The Eagles don't deserve him.

Here's to hoping he takes some time to heal ... even if it means sitting out the remainder of the year.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
James barely shoved McNabb (he could've really knock the you know what outta him), he just flailed around awkwardly before hitting that crappy turf.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
The block would not have broken a box of fine china. It was a gentle push. Come on Eddie...what were you watching???

1fisher

Reaction score
Eddie said:
I felt really bad for McNabb. He's a warrior and I have the utmost respect for him.

I know it's football, and violence happens. I don't think Bradie James intentionally hit him hard ... but I think he laid into McNabb alittle harder than was necessary. A simple block would have been enough. McNabb was in no position to tackle Roy.

Maybe the hit looked harder than it was ... but I felt badly for McNabb. He plays in severe pain with the biggest heart in football. The Eagles don't deserve him.

Here's to hoping he takes some time to heal ... even if it means sitting out the remainder of the year.

Pull the blinders off eddie....... James could have cleand McNabbs clock if he wanted to. He merely shoved him out of the way..... Watch the replays again... It will be on NFL Network Thursday.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Eddie said:

If you considered that a hard hit how long have you been watching Football? If McNabb didn't want hit he shouldn't have went over like he was going to make a tackle. BTW that was as clean and soft hit on a QB by a LB I've seen.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
It was a little upset that James didn't hit him harder. A lot of LB's would've pancaked him and fell on top of him for good measure.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Its football man, raw emotion to win the game and you wanted a Linebacker to back off hitting a pursuing QB....get real this isn't water polo....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
McNabb is getting crucified in the Philly media and among Philly fans for "running TO out of town." If he shuts it down now... even if justified... it's going to be brutal.

Listening to WIP yesterday, I was shocked at how much hatred he was getting. We didn't hate on Q this much.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Good to win the game, but we did not do ourselves any favors for the rest of the season by getting rid of McNabb. They cannot beat the Giants or the Skins without him.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
Good to win the game, but we did not do ourselves any favors for the rest of the season by getting rid of McNabb. They cannot beat the Giants or the Skins without him.

Geez......how could we foresee this???? You guys make it sounds like we pile drove McFlabb WWF style after the whistle or something.

repeat after me......IT WAS A SHOVE.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
We swept them... that's all we have the ability to control.

Make no mistake, Philly will give the Giants two solid games, and will give the Skins all they can handle as well in their home game... and hey, if Philly ends up losing all three, I can live with that.

If we take care of our own business with the Giants and the Skins, we don't have anything to worry about.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Yea really miss Romanowski, he would have sent him off to intensive care, he must have been screaming when James just pushed him down...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Geez......how could we foresee this???? You guys make it sounds like we pile drove McFlabb WWF style after the whistle or something.

repeat after me......IT WAS A SHOVE.

It was a comment - I was not trying to say don't block him - just an observation - I wish he was healthy is what I am saying - Calm down!!

ravidubey

Reaction score
Bradie pushed McNabb to the ground, but it was not a vicious hit. On replay, you might even call it respectful given he could have really laid into McNabb.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:

the local spin seems to think they will end his season today.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
It was a comment - I was not trying to say don't block him - just an observation - I wish he was healthy is what I am saying - Calm down!!

I am very calm. I just think you are wrong in thinking we could have some how prevented McNabb's injury because of our actions.