McNabb to T.O.: 'Keep my name out of your mouth'

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
This article was a Redzone headliner, no author listed

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Donovan McNabb insisted he wasn't stung by criticism from Terrell Owens, laughing off the banished wide receiver's remarks before turning serious and telling him to "keep my name out of your mouth."

While Owens left his home for the Bahamas, McNabb joked with reporters, tapped the mikes and rubbed his hands together before taking his seat inside a jammed media tent shortly after Philadelphia's practice Friday.

"Yeah! C'mon, bring it!"
McNabb said to laughter. :D

Owens again blasted McNabb on two separate interviews with ESPN on Thursday, calling the quarterback a "hypocrite" and saying the two of them could not be successful together. Owens also said he had no desire to speak with McNabb.

"It's so funny to me how my name keeps getting thrown out there," McNabb said. "You've just got to have fun with it and that's exactly what we're doing."

Owens was told to go home Wednesday after a heated dispute with coach Andy Reid -- and to stay there for a week. He's since lifted weights and shot hoops in front of the reporters camped outside his house and had harsh words for Reid and McNabb in TV interviews.

On Friday morning, Owens left his Moorestown, N.J., home with two suitcases and went to Philadelphia International Airport, where he told KYW-TV as he headed to a security gate: "I'm going to the Bahamas. I'm going to get a tan."

McNabb, light and smiling throughout his interview, agreed with Owens the two didn't necessarily have to speak to win.

"I still to this day see no reason for us to talk," McNabb said. "When we step on this field, it's all about business. We're professionals that line up and do the right thing."

This was the second time this year McNabb has warned Owens to stop talking about him.

After Owens complained that McNabb was tired in the Super Bowl, McNabb said "Just keep my name out of your mouth," during a mandatory mini-camp.

McNabb, who made a recruiting pitch to get Owens to Philadelphia before last season, was tired of hearing Owens complain.

"Now for my name to be thrown out again, this is the second time. Keep my name out of your mouth," he said. "Keep my family's name out of your mouth."

Owens called McNabb a "hypocrite" on Thursday because the quarterback said publicly that he did not want to meet with Owens, while T.O said McNabb did try to arrange a meeting.

McNabb said he didn't learn until Thursday that his brother did reach out to someone close to Owens to arrange a meeting where the two Eagles could possibly work out their differences.

McNabb was bothered that Owens brought his family into his televised rants.

"My family doesn't need to be involved in any of this. I don't need to be involved in any of this," he said. "Now when you bring my family into it, I have a problem."

http://www.theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=3023