McNabb

Chuck 54

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Ritchie, Smith and Mayberry all seem to be okay, but Mayberry's injury could be serious. Smith has a rotator cuff injury and Richie has a hurt knee.

All of them will most likely play next week, if not, they will have an extra week off because of the bye. We're not playing a "good" team next week so I think it would be okay for them to rest. The Bears are so banged up, Grossman had a sprained knee today and their secondary is all hurt (Brown, Tillman, Azumah). Rex Tucker is also out. John Quinn as their starting QB? Now Urlacher isn't playing?

Here's a stat for you:

All three of the teams we played are 2-1, meaning they are 6-0 against other teams.
Wow...interesting stat Ajm...^5....I'd never discount the Bears though...they should put up a good fight today.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I know it was only the Lions today, and they're only 3-0, long ways to go, but I have to say that the silly homers who tried to convince the gullable that McNabb is not a great QB, despite his runner-up MVP season and getting his team to the Championship game 3 times without a decent WR, were watching today....He's a GREAT QB. Aikman was great due to accuracy but sucked when it came to avoiding the rush or throwing the deep ball. McNabb is a great QB whether his completion percentage stays above 60% or not...he was a one man show, and now he's got a WR and a double threat at RB, not to mention a defense that is still pretty decent.

My money is clearly on Philly vs. NE in the Super Bowl....NE cementing their place as a modern dynasty.
I've always liked McNabb and felt he needed a WR. Hasn't been a popular opinion, but I still think he's one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
And I'd love nothing more than to see them totally collapse and not even make the playoffs...lol...I sure don't want to see any team in the NFC East get to the Super Bowl but the Cowboys....I just think Philly is the team right now, but I hope they don't.

I have hated them forever, but it deepened when I was leaving Veteran stadium after another Buddy Ryan team had just whipped my Boys' butts badly and were taking a knee to kill the clock.

When I got to my car, I heard the radio announcers talking about the fake kneel down and the long bomb for a TD....Since then, all bets are off, I even enjoy injuries, though I have to pray for forgiveness on that one :)

After the Irvin injury at the Vet, and the cheering that took place, your feelings are understandable.

StateCollegeCowboy

aka BostonCowboy
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I've always liked McNabb and felt he needed a WR. Hasn't been a popular opinion, but I still think he's one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL.

McNabb the QB is a very good QB, but McNabb the player just seems to lack that ability to take it to another level when everything is on the line. In the NFC championship game last year heading into the 4th quarter, he stood on the sidelines looking defeated even though they were still very much in the game.

That is all I needed to see to know he will need a lot more help from his team if they are ever going to the SB. What you have seen with McNabb is what you will get in the playoffs. He won't be taking his game to another lever, it is the rest of the Eagles team that are going to have to take their game to the next level to win.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BostonCowboy said:
McNabb the QB is a very good QB, but McNabb the player just seems to lack that ability to take it to another level when everything is on the line. In the NFC championship game last year heading into the 4th quarter, he stood on the sidelines looking defeated even though they were still very much in the game.

That is all I needed to see to know he will need a lot more help from his team if they are ever going to the SB. What you have seen with McNabb is what you will get in the playoffs. He won't be taking his game to another lever, it is the rest of the Eagles team that are going to have to take their game to the next level to win.
Very nice post. I can agree with a lot of what you say.

That is basically my same contention about Barry Sanders. When it counted most he was invisible.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
McNabb is good. No doubt about that. I do think he is somewhat overrated though. His Pro Bowl numbers last year weren't all that stellar.

For whatever reason, the media likes to hype certain players. Most are good, but far from the level of play that the media makes them out to be. Urlacher, McNabb, Sapp, Shockey. Coaches too, Martz, Billick, Gruden.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BostonCowboy said:

You do know he was hurt in that game don't you? Before the injury he had a 60% completion percentage and no interceptions. After the injury? Not so much. I guess people seem to forget this because of those damn star shaped glasses...oh well...hopefully he can do something so their can't be any twists...

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
here is what the eagles have faced so far.

Lions 25th ranked defense
Vikings 26th ranked defense
Giants 28th ranked defense.

nuff said

AJM1613

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

nuff said

And up until today the Eagles had the 31st ranked defense.

Kind of exposes some of the flaws in your system doesn't it?

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
And up until today the Eagles had the 31st ranked defense.

Kind of exposes some of the flaws in your system doesn't it?

True..right now, its the Seabages and fecals..they are the cream of the NFC..to deny or argue that is silly

There are 12 other teams competing for 4 playoff spots

Well 10 is one rightfully discards the Cardinals and Niners

Same in the AFC...if NE and the Colts

The Jets and Jags are nice EARLY SEASON stories...BUT...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cheap Shot Artist said:
True..right now, its the Seabages and fecals..they are the cream of the NFC..to deny or argue that is silly

I can't believe it took this long before somebody mentioned the Seahawks. They look for real.

Whitewash

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

nuff said

LOL.....um, think about it pal....

A large reason those defenses have such low ranked defenses is because of what the Eagles offense was able to do against them.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Wolverine said:

nuff said
It's a little early to worry about defensive rankings too....look at the offenses those teams faced....the vikings faced us and then Philly....look at our ranking after facing the vikes....the lions were 2-0, and were utterly destroyed....The Eagles manage to get to the championship game every year....who do you think gets them there? Who have they had on their offense besides McNabb?...no one. Everyone says their defense has dropped off, yet they still win. At some point, someone has to give them credit for something or someone.....oh yeah, I forgot the homer mantra (not yours)....The Lucky Eagles.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Yeah its early and still though none of the defenses the Eagles faced were any good. But I hope the Eagles will win more so their fans think there better than they really are so when they get another loss in the playoffs it will hurt even more. OH and the most important stat is Cowboys 5 Eagles 0 ha ha.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
we worry about the fragility of our QB. philly has no such concerns. mcnabb is durable and can create from his ability to shrug off the defenders who can bring down most of the pack. he has wheels to spare. in the past all his "creation" netted him little for a lack of options downfield. the addition of TO has opened up his game. barring injury they will be a force to be reckoned with - patriots included. i hate 'em but i also acknowledge they are showing what you expect from a legit superbowl contender. sorry mr. limbaugh - "rush is wrong".

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, the Eagles have run out of excuses for not either--

a. reaching the Super Bowl this season or
b. winning the Super Bowl this season

Regardless of their defensive ranking or personnel, Philadelphia has one of the League's best defensive coordinators in Jim Johnson. For the past three seasons, Johnson has taken whatever personnel hasn't been excised, traded or injured--and has still managed to keep his defense competitive. The success of his blitz packages game in/game out make me sick. It's unreal that teams cannot capitalize more often whenever Philly blitzes. Either Johnson is that freaking good or he's just that lucky, I don't know.

On the offensive side of the ball, I've stated for the past three years that the main missing ingredient for them was a capable wide receiver. I've even come close to bragging each year that WR would cost them a Super Bowl berth [and it has], but this year Owens fills that role extremely well.

A McNabb injury late in the season is the ONLY excuse that the Eagles can hang their failure for not reaching the Super Bowl this season, imo. Any finish short of that goal can mark their season as an utter failure. Of course, I won't mind one bit if Dallas improves enough to surplant them in the NFC East and/or beat them in the playoffs, but I haven't seen much of that improvement in the first couple of weeks. Maybe I'll see more of it from Dallas Monday night. It would be nice to see the Cowboys contribute to a fourth Philly choke. That would be very nice, indeed.

CowboysHater

Benched
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
Is there not an Eagles board on the net for you to post this? I could care less about McNabb or the Eagles. I predict they will choke in the end like they always do.

Here, here!!! :) Let' see what happens when they face a good defensive team.

CowboysHater

Benched
Reaction score
Rude said:
You guys are such homers. Had vinny or Henson be playing how Mcnabb plays at the moment or even in the last few years, you all would be screaming about our "franchise QB"

That reminds me, funny how people here assume Henson is a franchise QB yet he has yet to play an NFL game, but Mcnabb who is a pro bowler is just "average at best"

By the way im I huge Cowboy fan like the rest of you, but come on already the man has talent

First of all, what's the matter with being a homer? I'm a HUGE Homer, & there ain't nothin' wrong with it!

2nd, McNubb is a good QB, I don't think any intelligent football fan would argue. I think that the hype is overblown on him. Everywhere you turn, there are commercials & ads everywhere of McFlabb. I think the true point here is that most people are not going to put him the "great" category until he has proven to be a winner. If they fail to reach the Super Bowl this season, serious questions will be rasied. About McBlabb. More importantly, about Reid.

CowboysHater

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
easy with the Aikman comparisons...Aikman was a FAR superior passer to McNabb and won 3 championships...he played realyl solid in the regular seasons and then boosted his game several levels in the postseason...

I'll take that bet of your's and probably take your money

David

Aikman or McNeverwinsthebiggame? :D Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

DJ4040

Reaction score
I've been watching McNabb for years and even though I'd take him any day of the week at QB, I still don't feel he is a great QB. IMO McNabb is a great PLAYMAKER, not a great QB. Granted he has not had much to throw to until this season with the likes of Charles Johnson, Torrance Small, James Thrash, ect. coming through town in past years and that is some of the reason.....

That said, McNabb is simply incredible when it comes to making guys miss and throwing on the run.....the problem has always been when he stays in the pocket and throws ankle balls or passes that are way to high. As we all know, the WCO which the Eagles use, is a quick pocket-style pass play that requires quick thinking and pinpoint precision. McNabb, up until the first 3 games of this season has been horrible in those areas. McNabb has never been able to lead his WR's so they actually gain yards after the catch instead of diving to the ground or going up high for a catch.

He has been great so far this season but it's been 3 games against mediocre talent. I need to see him make these kinds of plays for 2-3 seasons for me to call him a great QB. Until then, I will will stand by my stance that he is probably the best playmaker in the NFL (as well as team leader), but only a slightly above average QB.