McQuistan can't be plugged into Kosier's position?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am just curious.

McQ has been here a while.
He was touted as a find.. somwhat.

For all the Football guru's at the zone....

Why not plug him in at LG? Totally undoable? or is it the organization just being stubborn on this as well??

Gracias

Iago33

Reaction score
After all, he looked great playing guard in that last preseason game. Wait...nevermind!

burmafrd

Reaction score
I really find it hard to beleive he is as bad as proctor

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
again...he was touted as a 'find' by Parcells. Remember..this is the same man that tried to convince everyone Rob Pettiti could play. This summer the organization had a showdown between Adams free agency and McQuistans future....we chose to sign Adams up for 4 more years. That ought to tell you what we REALLY think of him....not what Parcells thinks of him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
So what is your excuse with Free and Marten and Holland? All picked by the current regime?
And Petitti did play in the NFL for a full season (not all that well I agree but he did play). So far that is more then could be said for anyone we have had in the last 2 years.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The only reason I can come up with is that he's has practiced all season at RT.

Not a good reason but it is one. :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
burmafrd;2440029 said:

Yeah and we should find out. Proctor is a turnstyle anyways... so what could it hurt?

burmafrd;2440046 said:
So what is your excuse with Free and Marten and Holland? All picked by the current regime?
And Petitti did play in the NFL for a full season (not all that well I agree but he did play). So far that is more then could be said for anyone we have had in the last 2 years.

Yeah that is where my question is rooted from... someone has to be able to step and do an "adequate" job. I am tired of seeing other teams plug in players and having success.

Yeagermeister;2440051 said:
The only reason I can come up with is that he's has practiced all season at RT.

Not a good reason but it is one. :D

Yah... thats about all I knew when I started the thread lol
But shouldnt it be easier than playing Tackle?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
burmafrd;2440046 said:
I thought McQuistan was picked by Parcells, Sparano, Ireland? As was reported on talkinng Cowboys...Holland is not playing because their are escalotrs in his contract would trigger a guarantee of 1M dollars if he played over a certain amount of time...and Marten is not playing because this coaching staff has either done a poor job of growing him...or more than likely, they do NOT like to play young guys unless the absolutley have to. And that really bothers me about this state of this franchise. The Colts went with a ROOKIE LT last year because of the abrupt retirement. They just coahced him up and rolled on. Teams do that all over the NFL. I think the Pats are down to there 4th RB on the depth chart...yet we were to afriad to play Felix and Choice?

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I'm loving that sig, Yeager... :bow:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bbailey423;2440064 said:
Holland is not playing because their are escalotrs in his contract would trigger a guarantee of 1M dollars if he played over a certain amount of time...and

Marten is not playing because this coaching staff has either done a poor job of growing him...
or
more than likely, they do NOT like to play young guys unless the absolutley have to.
And that really bothers me about this state of this franchise.

The Colts went with a ROOKIE LT last year because of the abrupt retirement. They just coahced him up and rolled on. Teams do that all over the NFL. I think the Pats are down to there 4th RB on the depth chart...yet we were to afriad to play Felix and Choice?

Thanks for that info.

I have alot of problems with this.

Not playing a player because of clause/money = OK Jerry pay the superstars then dont pay players that buy time to get them the ball = smart, like Fredo!!

Not playing youngsters - foolish. Other teams are doing and having success like you said.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bbailey423;2440064 said:
I thought McQuistan was picked by Parcells, Sparano, Ireland? As was reported on talkinng Cowboys...Holland is not playing because their are escalotrs in his contract would trigger a guarantee of 1M dollars if he played over a certain amount of time...and Marten is not playing because this coaching staff has either done a poor job of growing him...or more than likely, they do NOT like to play young guys unless the absolutley have to. And that really bothers me about this state of this franchise. The Colts went with a ROOKIE LT last year because of the abrupt retirement. They just coahced him up and rolled on. Teams do that all over the NFL. I think the Pats are down to there 4th RB on the depth chart...yet we were to afriad to play Felix and Choice?

Marten is not playing because he's a Raider now. :laugh2:

Rush 2112

Reaction score
bbailey423;2440064 said:

I would think the fact that Marten is now on the Oakland Raiders may have something to do with us not playing him.

I'm not sure but I think the fact that we have a young Pro Bowl running back may have something to do with the fact that Felix/Choice weren't getting that many touches.

On top of that Felix played in a run only system at Arkansas and is weak at pass protection.

Tony Ugoh was a high second round pick and the Colts gave up gave up their 2008 FIRST rounder to move up to take him at 42.

Just saying he may grade out significantly higher than the Free's, Marten's (cut by us some 2 months ago).

This is a phenomenal draft class and they are all playing well.

This isn't the preseason.

Play the best players.......

Period

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
he played that spot in the preseason and he struggled somewhat.

If you like to listen to nate newton said mcquistan has poor footwork and can not play inside.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
burmafrd;2440029 said:

So the coaching staff is willingly putting a worse player out there?

They must be really stupid.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
They are at practices and are likely aware that mcQ is worse at Guard than Proctor.

Everyone things backups are better. Backups are usually back ups for a reason. In this case a 3rd stringer at Guard

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2440530 said:
So the coaching staff is willingly putting a worse player out there?

They must be really stupid.
That's pretty hard to believe.

arglebargle

Reaction score
The real problem is the possibility that Proctor really is the best player they can put out there at LG. In which case, the Cowboys need a lot of new blood on the line....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
arglebargle;2440783 said:
The real problem is the possibility that Proctor really is the best player they can put out there at LG. In which case, the Cowboys need a lot of new blood on the line....

Possibility?

No, Proctor IS the best player they can put there. That much is clear. He's the best LG option we have.