McQuistan can't be plugged into Kosier's position?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I see you only show the info to enhance your own argument. Was Hoffman perfect, of course not. He mostly worked w/street FAs, he was bound to get some failures. More often than not, considering the raw material he worked with, he mined some good players.

Cunningham was very good the 2 years prior (91.9% in 1997 and all-pro, 82% in 1998), and he was injured in 1999. Seder, Hibert and Cundiff were journeymen.

Interesting how you left out the Parcells' years. None of Parcells' kickers broke 80%, except for the "HOFer" Jose Cortez.

Cundiff, Cortez, Vanderjagt, Suisham_did I miss any of Parcells' "fixes"?

BigDFan5;2441827 said:
Pre Parcells

2002 Cundiff 62% on FGs

2001 Hilbert 68% Seder 64%

2000 Seder 75%

1999 Cunningham 54%

Yeah we were golden at kicker, no need to fix that

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2440262 said:
he played that spot in the preseason and he struggled somewhat.

If you like to listen to nate newton said mcquistan has poor footwork and can not play inside.

I can't imagine how he can play tackle either if he feet are too bad for the inside.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Free and Marten were Jeff Ireland guys. They were picked based on Parcells' template for the offensive line. (2 BIG mistakes)

I would think Free has value, though. However, I don't think he can play in Dallas. He isn't strong enough. Garrett wants power.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BAT;2441785 said:
And yet, the great Bill Parcells had a chance to jettison Hoffman's "overrated" can for the SECOND time but chose not to.

Parcells had a horrific time finding a kicker when he was with the Cowboys, causing Jerry to finally greatly overpay Vanderjagt. The kicking game was the one area that did NOT need to be "fixed" before his arrival in Dallas.

Whoopdeedee - Parcells didn't fire him again. Yeah, that's strong proof.

Folks here simply don't pay attention to the game. Nearly every NFL team has a kicker who was an undrafted FA. That Hoffman didn't have an NFL position after being fired from Dallas says a ton about how the real talent evaluators saw him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BAT;2441912 said:
Was Hoffman perfect, of course not. He mostly worked w/street FAs, he was bound to get some failures. More often than not, considering the raw material he worked with, he mined some good players.

Gee, just like pretty much every team in the league.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
burmafrd;2441588 said:
McQ was a pretty good guard in college- I really am surprised he cannot do it here at all.
Bailey, if you think they are not playing holland because of the money you really are out to lunch. Do you REALLY think that if he was good enough they would NOT play him and risk losing games, the season, ROMO?
just passing along what was said by Nick Eatman on talking Cowboys...I really wish someone would just ask the question in the Dallas media...or if any of you have had e-mail conversations with Nick Eatman before...can you ask him to verify that he said that

burmafrd

Reaction score
Never been impressed by Eatman frankly. that is such a completely stupid statement to make that I think it had to come from the janitor that told him NOrv was our next coach.

liteskinstunna38

Reaction score
I think right now anyone is better than proctor. If we traded for Holland then we should use him. I am sure he is better than Proctor's sorry behind. Flozell has to work even harder helping Proctor sorry behind. I think Holland is stronger and can hold his own better than Proctor can. He has come from a good blocking system in Denver so lets give him a shot. It is worth a try and if it fails go back to sorry Proctor.