mcquistan

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
no. i'm not about to compare the ugly red headed klingon wanna be to larry allen.

but when romo threw the INT and it was pat who ran him down and shoved him out of bounds? the boy put on some speed and "never quit" that i'd not seen since larry allen early in his career when he did something close to the same.

anyone know what play i'm talking about specifically? i suck at remembering detials like this and just wanna recap what pat did vs. how it reminded me of larry allen.

EDIT - yes this was the blocked FG and i was wrong on what setup the big boys rapid movement. please refocus on his play and not my mistake. i'll put this one with the others i've made. : )

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
iceberg;1665236 said:
no. i'm not about to compare the ugly red headed klingon wanna be to larry allen.

but when romo threw the INT and it was pat who ran him down and shoved him out of bounds? the boy put on some speed and "never quit" that i'd not seen since larry allen early in his career when he did something close to the same.

anyone know what play i'm talking about specifically? i suck at remembering detials like this and just wanna recap what pat did vs. how it reminded me of larry allen.

The Blocked Field Goal

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
it wasn't the int but the blocked FG that McQ made the hit on.

kmp77

Reaction score
I think it was on the blocked fg. They picked it up and were running it back down the sidelines and McQ comes out of nowhwere to knock him out of bounds.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I think it was the blocked FG you're thinking about. They got it out to the 45, and McQuistan shoved Archuleta out of bounds. I was having flashbacks to the Skins game in WASH last season.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Teague31;1665240 said:
it wasn't the int but the blocked FG that McQ made the hit on.

my bad - and those correcting me - thank you.

still had to admire pat for not giving up and the big boy getting a move on.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
that was one of if not my favorite plays from tonight.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
wasn't it the blocked Fg where he ran him down?

But i am not sure either.

sbark

Reaction score
Saw it also.............I mean he was closing the gap fast...........Pulling Guard material..............how would you like to be a 200# CB on the edge with him at you with that speed......

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
sbark;1665302 said:
Saw it also.............I mean he was closing the gap fast...........Pulling Guard material..............how would you like to be a 200# CB on the edge with him at you with that speed......

till tonight i always thought the mcq boy was just roster fodder and nothing special. he made me rethink tonight and started getting me on his side.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
great hustle by McQ, I know the Larry Allen play you are talking about from his rookie year, but forgot the details

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
bbgun;1665318 said:
Whose fault was it: Folk or the line?

my guess would be i'd blame the chicago D for their pressure.

it happens man.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
sbark;1665302 said:

Preach it, brother! :)

kmp77

Reaction score
bbgun;1665318 said:

Mostly the line. One guy came all the way through. Not sure who, but they just had an arm out trying to hold him back. :bang2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
bbgun;1665318 said:
This was one (probably the only) bad play that sticks in my mind for Bigg. He got shoved completely backwards and two guys got in there.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
HA!!!!!

I saw that play and loved it!!!!

ever since I have been thinking to myself: What were the odds in Vegas that in tonight's game that McQ would show his speed on a S/T play instead of Hester?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
peplaw06;1665389 said:
This was one (probably the only) bad play that sticks in my mind for Bigg. He got shoved completely backwards and two guys got in there.

On first view, it looks like Chicago has perfected the defensive hold that was supposedly re-emphasized thanks to the Jimmy Johnson era Cowboys.

They've been pulling interior lineman for a while now and will continue until someone throws a flag on them.