McShay: 'Dallas is obsessed' with drafting RB; trading up for Bijan Robinson 'wouldn't shock me'

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Bijan Robinson gets taken by the 15th pick, the Cowboys might decide to trade up to try to get Jahmyr Gibbs. Those 2 are the only ones worthy of a 1st round pick, and they are the only ones who can seriously change the game positively for your Offense while putting a scare on opposing Defenses.

If the Cowboys don't trade up but decide to pass up on getting a RB with their 1st round pick due to Bijan and Jahmyr already being long gone (picked by other teams), I believe the Cowboys will address the RB position in the 3rd or 4th round.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Trading up for a RB in the 1st would be on par with passing on Watt for Taco.
I like Bijan if he's there I also don't think that Kendra Miller in the 3rd (if healthy) is much of a drop off from Bijan. My favorite RB in this draft and you could get him in round 2 possibly round 3 is Israel Abanikanda. Guy is so explosive and will be a stud if we can get him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I like Bijan if he's there I also don't think that Kendra Miller in the 3rd (if healthy) is much of a drop off from Bijan. My favorite RB in this draft and you could get him in round 2 possibly round 3 is Israel Abanikanda. Guy is so explosive and will be a stud if we can get him.
Miller not much of a drop off ^

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yea, I love Izzy and Kendre as a mid rounder too.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Drafting one of the top IOL (giving us one of the best OLs in the league and a left side that will dominate for ten years or more) + drafting a very nice RB in rounds 2-4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> giving that up to move up for a guy that will give us 4 to 5 years of great football before we need to move on.

J-man

Reaction score
Robinson is probably at least in the top 5 as far as overall best player in this draft. He's the best RB in this class by a wide margin. And he's a super high character prospect as well. We need a new bell cow running back. He is also very good at catching the ball and would really help out in the passing game coming out of the back field and also the slot too. I'd absolutely love to draft this kid.

But I wouldn't trade up for him.
As much as he would be a huge asset for us, we'd suffer else where for it. We have too many needs to lose the picks it would take to go get him. Missing out on an opportunity to draft a top tier OG, LB, CB, WR, DE or DT for the best RB, when there are so many other very capable RB's in this class, isn't a great idea.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Trading up for a RB in the 1st would be on par with passing on Watt for Taco.
Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs are game changers. We also have a hole at RB with Pollard coming off a broken leg with some ligament damage where he might not be close to 100%, plus Zeke is no longer here. All the Cowboys have is a bunch of career backups, so RB is obviously a big need in this draft. It's a shame some of you can't see that.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs are game changers. We also have a hole at RB with Pollard coming off a broken leg with some ligament damage where he might not be close to 100%, plus Zeke is no longer here. All the Cowboys have is a bunch of career backups, so RB is obviously a big need in this draft. It's a shame some of you can't see that.
No doubt RB is a need. But we don’t have to use a 1st rounder to get an excellent, impactful RB. Remember Pollard was a 4th rounder. DeMarco Murray was a 3rd rounder. I don’t think using first round pick on a RB is good value.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Drafting one of the top IOL (giving us one of the best OLs in the league and a left side that will dominate for ten years or more) + drafting a very nice RB in rounds 2-4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> giving that up to move up for a guy that will give us 4 to 5 years of great football before we need to move on.
What has having a dominant offensive line done for the Cowboys since the triplets. We need weapons to get over the top. Cowboys beat the 49ers if they had more playmakers on offense.

Carson

Reaction score
Robinson is probably at least in the top 5 as far as overall best player in this draft. He's the best RB in this class by a wide margin. And he's a super high character prospect as well. We need a new bell cow running back. He is also very good at catching the ball and would really help out in the passing game coming out of the back field and also the slot too. I'd absolutely love to draft this kid.

But I wouldn't trade up for him.
As much as he would be a huge asset for us, we'd suffer else where for it. We have too many needs to lose the picks it would take to go get him. Missing out on an opportunity to draft a top tier OG, LB, CB, WR, DE or DT for the best RB, when there are so many other very capable RB's in this class, isn't a great idea.
I agree with most of everything you said. I am not in any favor to move up for Bijan for any reason.

However, if they move up, simply sign Dalton Risner to start LG and A’Shawn Robinson to play 1T.

I feel every hole is filled on this team without splitting hairs