McShay: Zach Wilson is 2nd best player in this draft

RS12

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of QBs do that. When someone compares an arm to Mahomes I think most people are talking about veolicity and arm strength. I have a very difficult time believing this dudes arm is even in the same realm as Mahomes'.
The old starter here doesnt.

garyv

Reaction score
Just said it on Mel's ESPN2 mock special. Even said most of the people he's talked to in the league has confirmed that with some even believing he's better than Lawrence.

How many on here if Zach Wilson QB was there at #10 would take him ?

garyv

Reaction score
In a second.

I honestly am starting to think this would be my plan going into this draft. I like the kid
and am thinking wow a 5 year low contract, much cheaper can spend elsewhere and
simply move on from Dak. He can go to the Patriots I don't care.

RS12

Reaction score
I honestly am starting to think this would be my plan going into this draft. I like the kid
Great minds think alike.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I love your Prescott hate, Gary.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Thought I read Wilson didn’t face much competition this year and the one (or few) times he did, he looked mediocre.

garyv

Reaction score
Thought I read Wilson didn’t face much competition this year and the one (or few) times he did, he looked mediocre.

I've watched a few of his games and honestly he has the tools but the feeling I get more like Aikman you may not see 300 yard games and 4 td's maybe
more like a bus driver 250 yds 2 TD's but sometimes you win with those guys especially if you have the money to build around them. I don't hate Dak
and thinks hes a really good QB but I don't like paying 40 mil a year would rather pay less and spend more on places like the Offensive Line.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I've watched a few of his games and honestly he has the tools but the feeling I get more like Aikman you may not see 300 yard games and 4 td's maybe
more like a bus driver 250 yds 2 TD's but sometimes you win with those guys especially if you have the money to build around them. I don't hate Dak
and thinks hes a really good QB but I don't like paying 40 mil a year would rather pay less and spend more on places like the Offensive Line.

Yeah, I hear you. Sounds like if he is there at #10 and I am moving on from Dak, I would draft him. Assuming Wilson gives me more than a Dalton or Winston in the next 3 years.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think Sewell is a bit underrated, but I think Wilson is a gamer. I see him as Aaron Rodgers-like where he's a bit more athletic than you think but can sling it.

He doesn't have Mahomes' arm, nobody does right now. Closest comp to his arm is probably Elway or Marino which is hallowed ground. But he puts plenty of juice on it.