McVay's Comments on Cowboys

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is one of those games where that coach seak crap wont work,for either side. This will be a heavy weight fight. Will it be over in a flash like a Mike Tyson fight ? or will it be a "Rope A Dope" ..Ali style fight where we pull it out in the end?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
we ARE again getting no respect. Have you seen the latest odds? We are 7 point dogs. Underestimated yet again!! McVay is brilliant, but sometimes you meet your match on the field and the difference is simple, the players..NOT the scheme. We need to do what WE DO...make the rams play our style. If we can do that, we might win. Tavon Austin needs to play angry and be a difference maker like he was last week. Field position will mean everything this weekend. You don't want Dak trying to have 15 play drives all day long.Thats not realistic. Need to help him. I see Zeke toting the rock 30 plus times and receiving the rock at least 10 times. Rams are terrible covering RB screens. We can expose that. Don't forget, Kris Richard is all too familiar with these Rams and McVey. Coming from Seattle and facing them twice a year gives us an edge.

The Cowboys are getting nothing but respect from the media. What would you expect the point spread to be? The Rams are 13-3, playing at home, rested and have an offense that can put up a lot of points. They have an outstanding defense, a top tier QB and one of the best RBs in the game.

I am sure the spread will close to about 5.5 by the end of the week, but I think it is a pretty fair line right now. Anyone who expects a pick 'em or the Cowboys to be favored have jumped completely overboard.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The bigger the better..

that stick..

Blugeon YOU MEAN you mean.

I just smell blood in the water for us.

And shark fins circling the Rams.

We will see.

We have to close the deal this year..

no more waiting.

:omg:

I'd like nothing better than to go to their place and leaving with the world knowing we're a team that's capable of beating anyone. I believe we proved that when we ventured to go to New Orleans and give them a taste of what this team is capable of. I'm thinking if we go there with the same resolve that we had back then, we would come away with more confidence than ever. If not, old inconsistencies could easily raise their ugly heads once more. I'm confident that Garrett and the rest of the staff will impress that upon them in spades. Here's hoping we go to their venue with bad intentions and aggressively effective execution. :)

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett will say the same about the Rams. HC's don't fill bulletin boards unless they're Buddy Ryan.

McVay is a Zeke fan because he's a Gurley fan and the backs are the most alike in the NFL, both even starred as hurdlers in high school. This game is partial throwback to when the best RB's were on the field and each will be motivated by the other. Add Tier 2 QBs and damned good #1WR's and this should be a great game.

Garrett has to worry about 2 DT's and McVay has to worry about an entire defense. And the home crowd will not be even close to what it would have been in NO. Which is a bigger deal? The Rams in the playoffs or the Cowboys coming to town? I still don't think LA gives a damn about having the Rams, I'd bet there are more Charger fans that they brought along from SD.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys are getting nothing but respect from the media. What would you expect the point spread to be? The Rams are 13-3, playing at home, rested and have an offense that can put up a lot of points. They have an outstanding defense, a top tier QB and one of the best RBs in the game.

I am sure the spread will close to about 5.5 by the end of the week, but I think it is a pretty fair line right now. Anyone who expects a pick 'em or the Cowboys to be favored have jumped completely overboard.
They do not have an outstanding defense, that is their Achilles Tendon and they might have already peaked. Their D is 19th and giving up 24 ppg. They have a couple of outstanding D plyers but the Cowboys have the better D.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'd like nothing better than to go to their place and leave with the world knowing we're a team that's capable of beating anyone. I believe we proved that when we ventured to go to New Orleans and give them a taste of what this team is capable of. I'm thinking if we go there with the same resolve that we had back then, we would come away with more confidence than ever. If not, old inconsistencies could easily raise their ugly heads once more. I'm confident that Garrett and the rest of the staff will impress that upon them in spades. Here's hoping we go to their place with bad intentions and aggressively effective execution. :)

Ditto brother.

Sormeone said the other day what was up with me lately.

They used the words " eerily provacative" to describe me.

I said yes.

I smell a championship this year.

I am on fire, bro.

Come join me.

:grin:

GMO415

Reaction score
The lambs haven't won a playoff game since 04. After Sat the stat continues.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They do not have an outstanding defense, that is their Achilles Tendon and they might have already peaked. Their D is 19th and giving up 24 ppg. They have a couple of outstanding D plyers but the Cowboys have the better D.

They do have a good defense. Its just that they put up like 30 points a game so people are overly aggressive in their offensive game plans against them and their opponent is typically way behind so they are throwing the ball. Thus their defense is often in prevent mode type stuff in the 2nd half and is happy to just limit the offense rather then stop it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Careful of that stuff Parcells used to say..

DON'T EAT THE CHEESE !

McVay is loading up a nice greasey finger sandwich for when we bend over and nibble his cheese.

Sort of like what a proctologist does when he says bend over and grab the side of the bed.

This is going to hurt..sorry.

Nothing but butter from his mouth.

Liar.

:thumbdown:

Nothing like a last minute, one or two play playoff win to bring out the clueless homers again.

Now all of a sudden we are better than the Rams and were going to walk into thier house and serve them a beat down. LOL

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Smart guy, won't give the Cowboys any bulletin board material. Everything he said is common knowledge, he just berated the obvious...

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is just coach speak. Talk up the opponent’s players so if you lose, you can say “told ya”, and if you win, you can act like you shut down the ‘99 rams.

Crash Davis: It's time to work on your interviews.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
: My interviews? What do I gotta do?

Crash Davis
: You're gonna have to learn your cliches. You're gonna have to study them, you're gonna have to know them. They're your friends. Write this down: "We gotta play it one day at a time."

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: Got to play... it's pretty boring.

Crash Davis: 'Course it's boring, that's the point. Write it down.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Like the cut of your jib.

Turn it up bro.

It's big game week.

Make noise like in the Stadium Saturday.

I am jazzed from that game still.

Bless my old heart.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Ditto brother.

Sormeone said the other day what was up with me lately.

They used the words " eerily provacative" to describe me.

I said yes.

I smell a championship this year.

I am on fire, bro.

Come join me.

:grin:

I can guarantee you I'll be "on fire" and white hot when that game commences. Right now, I'm preparing for and expecting a dogfight to the very finish. This team sorely needs to put it all together on offense going into the heat of battle. The defense has been carrying them faithfully throughout the season. It's now time for the offense to demonstrate that they're ready to put forth the best that they can produce if they truly expect to go all the way to the SB. No question but what there's work to do.

Their and their team's future is riding on the results that they'll be required to produce in their upcoming contests. Dak needs to get ready to play like he's truly "on fire" just as much as you are. If he'll do that and the defense keeps doing what it has lately, I believe we might revert back to the kind of play that we knew when Landry had his charges bringing glory to our 'Boys. I find myself getting "fired up" as we speak, sir! :D

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

When was the last time the cowboys won a road playoff game?

Edit: 1992 NFC Championship in SF, for anyone who was wondering. Dak’s parents were in junior high.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score

may I suggest you go watch what Matt Hasselbeck just said about Dallas' chances. Its NOT GOOD. So I beg to differ.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Respect to him for breaking down teams so well. But, I hope this goes the same way for him. when he broke down the Bears Defense and they still shut down Goff! :thumbup: