Me likes me some Pollard

Dre11

Reaction score
No I truly love Zeke. But I am not blind either. Let me ask you this.....what does Zeke have that Pollard does not? And then ask......what does Pollard have that Zeke doesn't?

it doesn't matter what they each have, it's who's the most effective, but to play your game, Zeke is more punishing, he sturdier as a blocker, and he wears a defense down.
Pollard coming in spots with fresh legs makes all the difference in the world. He didn't even start and was the 3rd back in Memphis I believe

conner01

Reaction score
he was second on the entire team in touches as a rookie.
He got what you would expect for a two
I think he is used more in the pass game this year
I think his carries stay fairly close to last year but he can help Zeke just by being out there and drawing coverage
And he can help with the loss of Cobb
GB used a WR the same way I see them using pollard in this offense

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
He got what you would expect for a two
I think he is used more in the pass game this year
I think his carries stay fairly close to last year but he can help Zeke just by being out there and drawing coverage
And he can help with the loss of Cobb
GB used a WR the same way I see them using pollard in this offense

Exactly. The guy spent the majority of his college career split wide

Bizwah

Reaction score
He has Dorsett-type qualities. I'm not saying he's as good. He can score from anywhere on the field in a number of different ways. Some of his start and stop moves, his spin moves, the way he can catch the ball... are so like TD.

Now, he doesn't glide like TD, no one else ever has. He also doesn't have TD's knack of not taking big hits. But he hits top speed instantly.

conner01

Reaction score
it doesn't matter what they each have, it's who's the most effective, but to play your game, Zeke is more punishing, he sturdier as a blocker, and he wears a defense down.
Pollard coming in spots with fresh legs makes all the difference in the world. He didn't even start and was the 3rd back in Memphis I believe
Zeke will and should be the guy who carries the load in the run game
Pollard can do so many other things that not only help the run game by drawing coverage but can be used in the pass gamr

kskboys

Reaction score
He’s rated highly because he produces when he’s given a chance.

He fills a roll here nicely. I would like to see his roll expanded in the passing game, though.
It was a thought by some of the scouts that Pollard would be moved to WR. Dude can catch, he should be getting 80 catches/season.

I'm thinking he'll get a ton more w/ McC.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Speaking of Pollard....Do we really need a slot receiver? Pollard, Cooper, D.Smith and Jarwin could all spend time in the slot. Giving our offense a little diversity with different players in the line-up.

P.S.
This idea should be loved by the Dez lovers. Instead of drafting a WR just bring Dez back.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a better back then Zeke was last year. whether he is this year or not is up to Zeke, if he doesn't show up cut Pollard gets 30% of reps

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I totally agree with what you said about Zeke. I get why you would not want to answer honestly about Pollard.....all good.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Speaking of Pollard....Do we really need a slot receiver? Pollard, Cooper, D.Smith and Jarwin could all spend time in the slot. Giving our offense a little diversity with different players in the line-up.

I was thinking the exact same thing

P.S.
This idea should be loved by the Dez lovers. Instead of drafting a WR just bring Dez back.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

P.S.
i would love Dez for moving the chains and red-zone..just throw it up...he still has some springs to go along with blocking out defenders......lets give it a shot?

cern

Reaction score
it's' 3rd and one on the final, critical drive of the game. who would you want to carry the ball to get the first down. zeke or pollard.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
McCarthy will make him relevant. Don't kid yourself thinking he is a 20 touches/game back.
Never understood why its a knock on Zeke to understand the value of having a versatile RB2 on this team.
Maybe because Garrett was so vanilla that every offensive snap was telegraphed.
Versatility is essential to success, and Pollard brings that,, just SMH why some fans feel that Pollard is somehow a threat to Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m fine with him getting a few more opportunities but never on third and one again.