Me likes me some Pollard

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Versatility is essential to success, and Pollard brings that,, just SMH why some fans feel that Pollard is somehow a threat to Zeke.

He’s quicker and has more burst but good luck convincing some that he’s not an every down back. He’s similar to Felix Jones in the sense that the fewer the carries the better he is. If we pick our spots with Pollard he can be very effective but critical third and ones are not a good spot for him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
it's' 3rd and one on the final, critical drive of the game. who would you want to carry the ball to get the first down. zeke or pollard.

That question was answered in week 16 against Philly.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He has Dorsett-type qualities. I'm not saying he's as good. He can score from anywhere on the field in a number of different ways. Some of his start and stop moves, his spin moves, the way he can catch the ball... are so like TD.

Now, he doesn't glide like TD, no one else ever has. He also doesn't have TD's knack of not taking big hits. But he hits top speed instantly.

Loved me some TD.

kskboys

Reaction score
i would love Dez for moving the chains and red-zone..just throw it up...he still has some springs to go along with blocking out defenders......lets give it a shot?
Dez still has springs? He'd lost them the last time we saw him play.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Never understood why its a knock on Zeke to understand the value of having a versatile RB2 on this team.
Maybe because Garrett was so vanilla that every offensive snap was telegraphed.
Versatility is essential to success, and Pollard brings that,, just SMH why some fans feel that Pollard is somehow a threat to Zeke.
The appeal with a back like Pollard is his burst, quickness and energy at the point of attack. After getting hammered by Zeke for a spell it's a nice change of pace to throw at the D.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Pollard was the only bright spot we had from last years draft.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I wonder if they view Pollard as a potential replacement for losing Cobb. I don’t mean he’ll play slot receiver, but I mean we’ll try to make up for some of the production we’ll be losing with Cobb by involving Pollard in the passing game more, rather than drafting someone like Ruggs in the 1st round.
Damn, I am liking the thought of P playing some slot ...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dear fellow fanzone freaks--- one bright spot from 2019 is Tony Pollard

enjoy

have to disagree on one bright spot? sorry he was backup and while he showed signs made soem rookie mistakes one being blamed on Zeke for tapping out after hes landed on heavily and comes in and fumbles the game away.. he missed blocks , and also had a low avg more times then not when having to be used like a regular back..

I like him but you lost me on lone bright spot..hes a great complimentary back to Zeke.. Kamara didnt look as good without Ingram in front of him and Pollard is just where he should be even though both zeke and pollard vastly under utilized in pass game..that has to change

to me Lee come back player of the year was a bright spot

Gallup was my tops for biggest surprise and most improved from year before.
Tfreds Heart
Forbath coming in and going 10-10

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s quicker and has more burst but good luck convincing some that he’s not an every down back. He’s similar to Felix Jones in the sense that the fewer the carries the better he is. If we pick our spots with Pollard he can be very effective but critical third and ones are not a good spot for him.
If it works its effective,, Im not one to dismiss an opportunity to exploit, just because of one failed attempt.
I find it rather odd that being deceptive is so polarizing... Garrett brain washing I guess.
Pollard will be effective in a complimentary role in this offense, and while the obvious choice would be to run Zeke on 3rd and 1, I would never dismiss the option of having a play for Pollard or any other player in that situation.
Every team in the league studies game tape, tendencies. Even an unsuccessful attempt, which may seem so stupid to the casual observer, at least puts a doubt in an opposing coordinators thought process.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If it works its effective,, Im not one to dismiss an opportunity to exploit, just because of one failed attempt.
I find it rather odd that being deceptive is so polarizing... Garrett brain washing I guess.
Pollard will be effective in a complimentary role in this offense, and while the obvious choice would be to run Zeke on 3rd and 1, I would never dismiss the option of having a play for Pollard or any other player in that situation.
Every team in the league studies game tape, tendencies. Even an unsuccessful attempt, which may seem so stupid to the casual observer, at least puts a doubt in an opposing coordinators thought process.

The point is Pollard is a complementary back. There’s fans who want him to start based on one explosive play in a mop up role against the Rams. It resulted in a big thread. One long run and all of a sudden he’s better than Zeke. lol

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The point is Pollard is a complementary back. There’s fans who want him to start based on one explosive play in a mop up role against the Rams. It resulted in a big thread.

This, remember years ago when we had someone else that did GREAT in closing time to seal the deal and everyone said he should be a starter and BAM he was, we saw how that went. There is a reason a relief pitcher is not a starting pitcher.