CFZ Meaningless wins? Playoff Tie-Breakers do matter!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
All the wins matter so I can’t be angry or diminish being 8-3…no playoffs without these wins against lesser competition but I think it is fair to bring up we haven’t beaten any teams with a winning record. Both things can be said and are true.

Everything we want is till on the table this year and I’m optimistic but we have to see it happen also.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yep, and it could be the year it all changes. Such as in 1992.
Most everyone thought the Cowboys were too young, not ready for SF. Many hoped Dallas could just stay in the game.
That's right. This year reminds me of 1992.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
All the wins matter so I can’t be angry or diminish being 8-3…no playoffs without these wins against lesser competition but I think it is fair to bring up we haven’t beaten any teams with a winning record. Both things can be said and are true.

Everything we want is till on the table this year and I’m optimistic but we have to see it happen also.
We had two games in the road against the top 2 teams in the conference. Let’s see how they do when they get the Eagles at home

Blackspider214

Reaction score
All wins mean a lot, it is what gets you in playoff position. Where anything can happen.
"Anything can happen"

Not really. NFL usually holds true to form. Higher seeds win majority of the time, especially in the divisional round. That is why getting a higher seed by winning your division is so important.

Mark

Reaction score
Despite what Stephen A. & variously-challenged trolls here say, there is no such thing as a "meaningless" win in the NFL. Unless, it's the rare occasion when all playoff mathematics have been settled at the end of the regular season.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We had two games in the road against the top 2 teams in the conference. Let’s see how they do when they get the Eagles at home

Absolutely we will. The niners game however could have been on mars and they’d have beaten us that day

Mark

Reaction score
Absolutely we will. The niners game however could have been on mars and they’d have beaten us that day
DAL was in no way ready for that game, six weeks ago. The Cowboys have made significant adjustments, performing at a much higher & different level since.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
DAL was in no way ready for that game, six weeks ago. The Cowboys have made significant adjustments, performing at a much higher & different level since.

How weren’t the cowboys ready for that game? They were playing the team who eliminated them from the post season and are one of the real contenders in the league this season and years past? All the players were talking about it’s importance.

I’m fine if people are optimistic with the team and I am also but not being ready for what was the first true test of the season is just an excuse Imo

Mark

Reaction score
How weren’t the cowboys ready for that game? They were playing the team who eliminated them from the post season and are one of the real contenders in the league this season and years past? All the players were talking about it’s importance.

I’m fine if people are optimistic with the team and I am also but not being ready for what was the first true test of the season is just an excuse Imo
Mark said:

Six weeks ago, the Cowboys were a team still searching for an identity on offense, looking to plug some holes on defense, and waiting for their O-line to get healthy.

You don't think the DAL team we've seen the past few weeks is far superior to one that played ARI & SF in weeks in weeks 3 & 5? Or that the relative power & skill of an NFL team doesn't fluctuate as a season wears on, due to a variety of factors (such as the ones aforementioned)?

C'mon man!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Mark said:

Six weeks ago, the Cowboys were a team still searching for an identity on offense, looking to plug some holes on defense, and waiting for their O-line to get healthy.

You don't think the DAL team we've seen the past few weeks is far superior to one that played ARI & SF in weeks in weeks 3 & 5? Or that the relative power & skill of an NFL team doesn't fluctuate as a season wears on, due to a variety of factors (such as the ones aforementioned)?

C'mon man!

I don’t know if they are we will see and Far superior does not equal good enough especially when the test the past few weeks is teams not anywhere near the stratosphere of a San Fran or Philly. The score of the niner game was 42-10….this wasn’t simply a matter of figuring out a new scheme which does bear some validity but not enough to cover for the massive discrepancy in the score and eye test that day.

Saying that game was simply about “Dallas not being prepared” just completely underscores how good a team like San Fran is and there was zero reason why Dallas shouldn’t have been ready especially when the players talked about how big a game it was leading up to it.

If the team truly wasn’t “ready” to play (which I don’t believe or agree with) against the team that sent them home 2 years in a row then there are bigger issues at play.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Mark said:

C'mon man!
A team logo

Cowboys
The Cowboys might not need to eat Thanksgiving dinner this year, because they feasted on the Commanders. The star of the show was Dak Prescott, who torched Washington's defense for 331 yards and four touchdowns. The Cowboys QB, who didn't get sacked, had a lot of time to throw and he utilized that by hitting TEN different receivers with eight of those guys finishing with at least 20 yards. Defensively, the Cowboys didn't fully shut down the Commanders, but they stopped Washington on nearly every big play, including holding the Commanders to an 0-for-3 showing on fourth down. Johnathan Hankins (2 sacks) and Micah Parsons (1.5 sacks) led a pass-rush that gave Sam Howell fits. DaRon Bland also iced the win when he came up with his NFL-record setting fifth pick-six of the season in the fourth quarter. The Cowboys are looking more and more like a legit Super Bowl contender every week, and if they keep playing like this, this might be the season where they end their 28-year big game drought.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-of-jets-cowboys-earn-a-for-thanksgiving-win/

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Maybe but the niners have had our number for a few seasons and until I see it I give them the benefit of the doubt
49ers are an excellent team, perhaps the best team in the league, any team who beats them have to play mistake free and hope Purdy is off