Twitter: Meanwhile, Dak is chilling

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Some of you Cowboy fans have been hilarious all week. Of course he is playing his calf is not that bad.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Tony Romo's late-game heroics in San Francisco Sunday came while he was playing in serious pain. Romo reportedly suffered both a fractured rib and a punctured lung against the 49ers. Romo finished the game completing 20 of 33 passes for 345 yards and two touchdowns. ...

Yeah, not tough at all.
Romo was tough, but his body wasn't.
:muttley:LOL-JK.

Flamma

Reaction score
It moved that span over the course of about 3 days. Show me one book that moved it 5.5 points in a few hours or even over a day.

I don't know how long it took. But I do know the line was Dallas -2 on Wednesday. Moving 5 points since then is still hard to do and rarely happens without some issue.

Take Thanksgiving day 2015 for example. The 3-7 Cowboys play the 10-0 Panthers. The line opened at Dallas -6. Yes, you read that right. It took all week for that line to drop to Dallas -1 or 2.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Some of you Cowboy fans have been hilarious all week. Of course he is playing his calf is not that bad.

Just as hilarious as some fans sticking their fingers in their ears yelling, LA-LA-LA-LA......refusing to accept that he's not playing.

Hardline

Reaction score
Romo wasn't that tough, unfortunately. His little body couldn't handle the punishment of playing 16+ games a year in the NFL.
Romo was a warrior.
All of his injuries were freak injuries getting sacked in awkward positions that would knock any QB out of the game.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Romo wasn't that tough, unfortunately. His little body couldn't handle the punishment of playing 16+ games a year in the NFL.

Romo came back into a game with multiple broken ribs and a punctured lung and won an overtime game against the 49ers which had a great defense that year ROTFL. Thank you for the laugh “ Romo wasn’t tough” is an absolutely ridiculous statement !

fivetwos

Reaction score
Even if it was coming in on Minny most exclusively, they'd move the line by litle by little until the money evened out. Bad info maybe but you don't move a line 5.5 points. It doesn't work that way.
I still can't make any sense of it.

Only thing I can think of is maybe they wanted to be proactive against a ton of money coming in on Minnesota....but that still doesn't explain 5.5 at once.

Really, I've never seen anything like it.

You mentioned it going to "off" in these cases and that's the way I understand it as well.

Even if Jerry himself called whoever today's equivalent of the Stardust is and told them Dak won't play, there's no need to move the line because the public doesn't know.

Honestly the only thing that adds up is someone plunked like 500 million on Minnesota lol and they took the action.

Bizarre.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

Only thing I can think of is maybe they wanted to be proactive against a ton of money coming in on Minnesota....but that still doesn't explain 5.5 at once.

You mentioned it going to "off" in these cases and that's the way I understand it as well.

Even if Jerry himself called whoever today's equivalent of the Stardust is and told them Dak won't play, there's no need to move the line because the public doesn't know.

Honestly the only thing that adds up is someone plunked like 500 million on Minnesota lol and they took the action.

Bizarre.

I've never seen anything like it either and i've lived here since 1988. Hell, I've never even heard of such a thing. Plus there's a limit to the amount you can bet so nobody could bet that kind of money even if they wanted to. Yep, Vegas would've taken the game off the board if they weren't extremely confident. They know something.

Aulac

Reaction score
Why? Dak is just an average QB, anybody can do the same things he does

Because Rush is Chase Daniel backup type level. We don't have a Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Trubisky, Mariota, Bridgewater, Minshew type of backup. Watching Rush play is like watching paint dry. Last week SNF was awful, let not have two weeks in a row of it. Dak should and need to play.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Because Rush is Chase Daniel backup type level. We don't have a Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Trubisky, Mariota, Bridgewater, Minshew type of backup. Watching Rush play is like watching paint dry. Last week SNF was awful, let not have two weeks in a row of it. Dak should and need to play.
This team carries Dak, he isn't special. The team can carry any QB, it's the perfect spot for a QB to look better than they are

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Bizarre.

Man check the Vegas lines this year though..way more 10+ lines in the NFL so far then Iv'e seen before..its very wierd this year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Man check the Vegas lines this year though..way more 10+ lines in the NFL so far then Iv'e seen before..its very wierd this year.
Easier to score than back in the day.

Add in some really bad teams and there you go.

One thing that continues to amaze me is the odds makers seem to be right on the total very often.