Meanwhile. Kirk Gibson still hasn't stepped on 2nd base

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Could you imagine after that Eckersley asks for a new ball tosses it over to 2nd and the ump calls him out. Talk about LA Riots part I

Its the responsibility of the second baseman or shortstop to watch for it and they didn't. No one else on the A's is going to be close enough to really see it. Given the circumstances, there were not going to be any more pitches; so it was up to the A's to appeal right at that moment, but they didn't see it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Could you imagine after that Eckersley asks for a new ball tosses it over to 2nd and the ump calls him out. Talk about LA Riots part I

That could be another reason why nobody said anything. There would've been some tarring and feathering that night.

Flamma

Reaction score
It looked like it but I just paid attention to the bag. I think that run around people see is a bad angle and then when the camera zoomed out, it shows him running wide but he already passed the bag.

I know that his right foot and the bag came really close after pausing it. Now did it touch? I don’t know but there were outfielders from the As coming in watching him run the bases.

Edit: it might be 8:41 because it shows 8:40 on the comp I was watching but 8:41 on my mobile. But it happens right before the zoom out and with his head looking down.

I had to find a better video myself because I thought you were right about the angle. Go to 13:55. I don't think there is much doubt.

Flamma

Reaction score
No doubt with this angle. He clearly steps on 2nd base.

Yeah, at first I was with the naysayers, but I kept replaying the video because something didn't look right. Then bigdnlaca woke me up to what was happening. That's why I looked for a better video.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score