Twitter: Media show love to Mike McCarthy on his career and Cowboys tenure

CCBoy

Reaction score
I’m confident Dallas is one of the two best teams in the NFL. And this should 100% be the year the NFC Championship hurdle is broken even if they go on the road to Philly.

However I’m not willing to say they can beat SF until I see it. Especially in SF.
Your monikor would talk to you right now...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I remember when he was hired, he had a ringing endorsement from Aikman for his football mind. That's all I needed to know.
Yes, but fans here were among those calling him a scrub or lazy. How dare you listen to a former NFL QB over your brethren.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’ve been pro Mike since the day he got here. The dude can coach. Everyone just assumed Rogers carried him but forget that he lost half his defense the season they won the SB in our house. Also, Rogers has won nothing since he was with Mike.

My only question, is why did he wait so long to unseat Moore as the OC? I realize he wanted the job so he said that was cool, as the buffoons wanted continuity for Dak. It’s quite obvious in one QB school, and one season that Mike has taken Dak to somewhere he’s never been as a QB.
I always give Super Bowl coaches the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. There are only so many of those out there.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
There isn’t even a word to describe how much better he his than the clapper

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I’ve read and heard from several sources who I trust…Bryan Broaddus for one…how lazy he was while at Green Bay. And his continued pattern to throw on every 3rd and 1 1/2 or 2…and sometimes very low percentage passes…drives me nuts…his continued passing inside the 5 drives me insane…often on 1st down…don’t get me started on the fade routes. Please let the season play out with this guy!!!
The main source(s) i've seen about that laziness stem from a local Green Bay reporter's article in The Bleacher Report at the end of McCarthy's GB tenure. It has sense been widely validated that the whole piece was sourced from people who were doing hits on McCarthy on behalf of Rodgers.

Whatever it was, he is clearly not lazy here (as evidenced from coaching at the sideline after an appendectomy) and does not have anywhere NEAR the rancor from the team that he had to deal with in GB.

He is a top 5 coach in this league and has earned his praise.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm a big McCarthy fan and glad that Jones didn't can him this year in favor of Sean Payton (who I am not as big a fan of).
I am a little concerned about what happens should the Cowboys fail to get past the divisional round. I'm of the opinion that you need to get through the regular season but anything can happen in the playoffs. I'd hate to see us do to McCarthy what the Chargers did to Shottenheimer IF we fail to get to the Championship. I suppose it depends on how it happens.

MS17

Reaction score
I'm a big McCarthy fan and glad that Jones didn't can him this year in favor of Sean Payton (who I am not as big a fan of).
I am a little concerned about what happens should the Cowboys fail to get past the divisional round. I'm of the opinion that you need to get through the regular season but anything can happen in the playoffs. I'd hate to see us do to McCarthy what the Chargers did to Shottenheimer IF we fail to get to the Championship. I suppose it depends on how it happens.
McCarthy's career playoff record as coach is something like 11-10. He should know the recipe for success in the tournament and it's likely that a lot of eyes are going to be watching to see what happens with the Cowboys Division round. And Mike is no rookie, he understands.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
The first season Mike McCarthy got here, you could see Dak was a better player.

The guy knows QB’s. He also knows protections and routes.

Big Mike is in historical company with 3 to 4 other head coaches in very interesting categories. If you see those names, they’re the best there ever was in this game.