Mel Kiper on our first two draft picks

Bowdown27

Reaction score
What bothers me with Mel kiper he doesn’t know about all these guys and is wrong a lot. I have a friend who does media for TEXAS area. Kiper calls every year to ask about prospects because he has no idea their names or how good they are.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
What bothers me with Mel kiper he doesn’t know about all these guys and is wrong a lot. I have a friend who does media for TEXAS area. Kiper calls every year to ask about prospects because he has no idea their names or how good they are.
Yep, he's an info gatherer, rather than someone who evaluates talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Titans were prepared to trade up for him or would of taken him a couple of picks later and we had him high on our board then how do you call it a stretch.
He's probably see as high floor (Guard), high ceiling (LT) prospect.
It doesn't matter what other teams thought, the fact there was one (the Titans) meant we were in a position of either pick their man at 24 or lose him.... I like the idea that the FO (coaching/drafting team) seemed on the same page ....for the record I wanted Linderbaum.... but they're the professionals and we're just fans.
They’re also the professionals down at my Toyota dealership but they get it wrong sometimes too. We don’t have to be the professionals to recognize when the job hadn’t been done well or the results don’t measure up.

This dysfunctional ownership and front office has certainly placed itself in a position this era to second guess or question their decisions, motives and priorities.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They’re also the professionals down at my Toyota dealership but they get it wrong sometimes too. We don’t have to be the professionals to recognize when the job hadn’t been done well or the results don’t measure up.

This dysfunctional ownership and front office has certainly placed itself in a position this era to second guess or question their decisions, motives and priorities.

so anytime you agree with their draft that was someone else yet when you disagree that is Jerry and Stephen. Do you credit Jerry and Stephen for last years draft?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Mel Kiper on our first two draft picks......
"A penalty waiting to happen" and "Talk about a one trick Pony". OK so he basically destroyed our first two picks with his comment but as I get more information on the players the Cowboys drafted I have to say that this is a typical Cowboys draft especially when I find out that Damone Clark who had spinal fusion surgery and wont even play in 2022, are you freakin kidding me another Jaylon Smith red shirt hopeful. Now the one positive thing I can say about this draft is the Cowboys filled in where they lost players. They needed a guard right away, check, they needed to replace Gregory with someone on the edge, check, and they needed to get another wide reciever, check. Now hopefully these guys will see a lot of playing time and be a factor for years to come.
Clark wasnt a 2nd round hopeful pick, he was a 5th rounder that we can redshirt and stash. Prior to the discovery of his herniated disc Clark was rated right with the other top LB prospects in this draft.
I have zero issue with this pick where he was taken, and could very well turn out to be a fan favorite sooner than expected.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
so anytime you agree with their draft that was someone else yet when you disagree that is Jerry and Stephen. Do you credit Jerry and Stephen for last years draft?
That’s not what I said . Would you like to take a stab at interpreting it again?

Loso86

Reaction score
"A penalty waiting to happen" and "Talk about a one trick Pony". OK so he basically destroyed our first two picks with his comment but as I get more information on the players the Cowboys drafted I have to say that this is a typical Cowboys draft especially when I find out that Damone Clark who had spinal fusion surgery and wont even play in 2022, are you freakin kidding me another Jaylon Smith red shirt hopeful. Now the one positive thing I can say about this draft is the Cowboys filled in where they lost players. They needed a guard right away, check, they needed to replace Gregory with someone on the edge, check, and they needed to get another wide reciever, check. Now hopefully these guys will see a lot of playing time and be a factor for years to come.
Why do yall keep listening to this guy of all people

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Clark wasnt a 2nd round hopeful pick, he was a 5th rounder that we can redshirt and stash. Prior to the discovery of his herniated disc Clark was rated right with the other top LB prospects in this draft.
I have zero issue with this pick where he was taken, and could very well turn out to be a fan favorite sooner than expected.
Right . Taking a risk in 5th round is where you want to take these kind of risk. Not earlier in the 2nd round like we have before.

garyv

Reaction score
Why do yall keep listening to this guy of all people

I don't very little because he misses alot more than most and I just don't respect what he says. I think he takes a
majority of his info from others and makes his own list. I doubt he studies film and breaks players down

garyv

Reaction score
Sam Williams doesn’t really need to worry about that. He beat out Dorance Armstrong the moment he got off the plane without injuring himself.

I 100% agree Sam Williams is a bigger, thicker Randy Gregory who runs a 4.45 in the 40 and strongest hands and punch in this draft so the tools are all there.
He had an assault charge that was dropped so almost every round we got quality either where they should go or after they should have been taken. Who values
Mel Kiper over Will McClay NOT ME

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I thought the Cowboys had a good day three, a lot of value picks.... Day one and day two on the other hand thought the Cowboys were chasing the draft, players they wanted or group they thought would be there went off the board a lot earlier than they thought and reached for players of need..

There was already talk of these guys being picked by the Cowboys before the draft. They weren't chasing.

Loso86

Reaction score
I don't very little because he misses alot more than most and I just don't respect what he says. I think he takes a
majority of his info from others and makes his own list. I doubt he studies film and breaks players down
No doubt he does, if another analyst comes out and says other wise he will quickly take back what he says and flip the narrative

cowboyec

Reaction score
That simply isn't true. You're entitled to your opinion (which is merely the team's opinion) but you're not entitled to your own facts.
so tyler smith was never mocked or mentioned going in rd1 by anyone?
nfl.com's pete schrager never once write before thurs night about tyler smith,ot-tulsa being a possible rd1 pick...and never mocked him to us at anytime.

and not one single analyst ever mentioned ole miss de sam williams as a possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick?

i know your act is to be a cowboys critic but your not being honest to maintain this pretend draftology that we DID NOT get both smith and williams about the area they were projected to go...you know..
for likes and stuff.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one knows until these young ones hit the Gridiron come Sept.......GL to us!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so tyler smith was never mocked or mentioned going in rd1 by anyone?
nfl.com's pete schrager never once write before thurs night about tyler smith,ot-tulsa being a possible rd1 pick...and never mocked him to us at anytime.

and not one single analyst ever mentioned ole miss de sam williams as a possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick?

i know your act is to be a cowboys critic but your not being honest to maintain this pretend draftology that we DID NOT get both smith and williams about the area they were projected to go...you know..
for likes and stuff.

Nobody had Tyler Smith or Sam Williams as value where they were picked. Not Kiper, not Brugler, not McShay, Zierlein, Scouts Inc. Ourlads, nobody.

Meaning what you said was a lie.