Memo to Dak: Sign the damn contract now!

glimmerman

Reaction score
No doubt his agent will be capitalizing on his upcoming contract, same for Deshaun Watson. Those two along with Lamar Jackson are tier 1 of the next generation of QB.

On a different note, both Mahome and Watson were drafted behind Trubisky... What type of fockery are the Bears running up in Chicago???
Lmao. Look at the swing and misses the browns used to do every year. How many years have some of these teams had top 3 picks and just whiffs...

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not a big Dak fan but I would really feel bad for him if he screwed the pooch here in Dallas.

He has the perfect situation and is really making it difficult to keep him. He should have just signed last year!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think you missed the point. The total amount, amount guaranteed, and amount per year should go down as the contract length goes down because the Cowboys lose flexibility. They can’t spread it out as effectively, and they can’t renegotiate to free up money as well. Dak has to compromise on the amounts if he wants a shorter contract.

Took basic math, thanks. LOL

glimmerman

Reaction score
H
He wouldn't sign a cheap 2 year deal. He wants to hit free agency on day 1 next year seeking a max deal. The timing for that has past for this year.
He will keep it up and his agent will negotiate Dak out of a job and his agent will be fired.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Main problem in that game was coaching. Game plan was terrible and end of game clock management was terrible at the end of the first half and the end of the game.

I also believe there was a bad fumble, possibly Dez?
Was it the famous non-catch by Dez which now is considered a catch diving and reaching into the end zone?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Was it the famous non-catch by Dez which now is considered a catch diving and reaching into the end zone?

I think it was Murray that had a bad fumble late in one of those games. Didn't Dez as well in the 2016 one?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I wouldn't

Getting tagged next year would mean 120% of this year's tag number, which means he'd make $37.8 million. Regardless of the economic impact this...current situation leads too...there just isn't a scenario where Dak plays well and doesn't *at least* get tagged. Now, if your prediction comes true and lets say the salary cap lowers, that really just means that Dallas will be more impacted by Dak's tag. It's clear Dak is willing to gamble on himself, and I just don't see how any of this would make him reconsider.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Let me first say I'm a Dak fan.....heart and soul. But if the current offer pays him Goff money or more, he playing a dangerous game for many reasons.

• This isn't the same country it was at the end of the season. The economy is tanking, we are facing record-breaking unemployment. The last thing fans/media wanna see is a disgruntling player arguing over whether or not to accept a contract paying him $33-34M vs $35-37M.
  • Who knows how this is going to affect the league financially a year from now. I read tweet Friday that implied it not impossible to think this thing could force the league to cut the salary cap for the first time ever. If that happens, the currents offer goes away.....fast.
  • League office is laying off employees. Hell, even the Goodell has voluntarily slashed his salary from $44M to 0.
  • He could himself quarantined for reasons we know but can't discuss here.
  • Finally, DO NOT underestimate the signing of Dalton. He appears to everything a team in leadership, work ethic and as noted in the tweet below, he's damn excited to be here. No, he hasn't played at Dak's level over the last few years but there's no reason to think you can't win with him.
  • What if he decides to play on the tag rather than accepting the current offer and injury forces him the miss several games and Dalton lights it up? Now we have a real mess (LOL).
  • Yes, we have heard Stephen and Jerry say over and over again, Dak's the guy. But did we not hear Romo was the guy also before the start of the 2016 season. My point is strange things can happen but if all reports are true, Daks has a good offer on the table. Maybe not exactly what he had hoped but good enough NOT to be moaning over a few million bucks, especially with the direction the economy is headed.
SIGN THE CONTRACT NOW DAK!!!!!

Dak doesn't post here? He won't see this memo.

kskboys

Reaction score
And it's my opinion that using this crisis that will end yet in the following years Prescott shouldn't have to have settle for less money in those years because of what's happening now. If that's has so much of an impact on things why aren't fans all excited about ALL of the contracts signed this off season? After all if the economy is tanking why aren't the fans all excited about all contracts getting signed? Why is it just Prescott's contract, because fans are trying to come up with any argument they can think of for either not signing Prescott or him taking the contract the fans thinks he should take, never mind what Prescott wants.
Agreed. And the Cowboys shouldn't have to pay based on what's going to happen. Works both ways.

kskboys

Reaction score
I seriously doubt that Dalton will even make the team, he has progressively gotten worse, he has progressively become more injury prone.

And I was always under the impression that when you win more games than you lose you are classified as a winner

Dak is a winner. There is no telling how far the Cowboys could have gone his rookie year if only the defense could have held Rodgers for 35 seconds.

Lets remember he brought the team back in that game from being 18 points down. Losers dont do that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dalton just found a nice soft place to fall on his way to a year of hot tub massages on IR.
Winner? What does that mean? Mark Sanchez was a winner.

plasticman

Reaction score
Winner? What does that mean? Mark Sanchez was a winner.
Yes, of course there are degrees. Dak is not a prolific winner at this point in his career.

I simply objected to labeling him as a loser. I found it to be totally inaccurate.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Hey, I would like to apologize for that last post.
Looking at it now....I was kinda rude in my reply.
Stuff is going on at my job and it's affecting me not only financially but in other ways obviously.
I need to take a break from this site for awhile and try to chill out.

Peace

:star:

Hey Silverstar, yeah there's a lot of job issues going on right now, I hope it works out favorably for you, and soon. Good luck!:thumbup:

FTWayne

Reaction score
don't sign nothing. i'm ready to move on from this crap.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, of course there are degrees. Dak is not a prolific winner at this point in his career.

I simply objected to labeling him as a loser. I found it to be totally inaccurate.
Agree. I don't agree w/ either label.

From what I've seen, the term "winner" is applied to a player when people discussing the player cannot really come up w/ anything tangible to predict future success. Tebow was called a winner. Vince Young, MacCarron, and anyone who won the college championship were all called "winners". In reality, the term means nothing, especially when applied to player analysation.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me first say I'm a Dak fan.....heart and soul. But if the current offer pays him Goff money or more, he playing a dangerous game for many reasons.

• This isn't the same country it was at the end of the season. The economy is tanking, we are facing record-breaking unemployment. The last thing fans/media wanna see is a disgruntling player arguing over whether or not to accept a contract paying him $33-34M vs $35-37M.
  • Who knows how this is going to affect the league financially a year from now. I read tweet Friday that implied it not impossible to think this thing could force the league to cut the salary cap for the first time ever. If that happens, the currents offer goes away.....fast.
  • League office is laying off employees. Hell, even the Goodell has voluntarily slashed his salary from $44M to 0.
  • He could himself quarantined for reasons we know but can't discuss here.
  • Finally, DO NOT underestimate the signing of Dalton. He appears to everything a team in leadership, work ethic and as noted in the tweet below, he's damn excited to be here. No, he hasn't played at Dak's level over the last few years but there's no reason to think you can't win with him.
  • What if he decides to play on the tag rather than accepting the current offer and injury forces him the miss several games and Dalton lights it up? Now we have a real mess (LOL).
  • Yes, we have heard Stephen and Jerry say over and over again, Dak's the guy. But did we not hear Romo was the guy also before the start of the 2016 season. My point is strange things can happen but if all reports are true, Daks has a good offer on the table. Maybe not exactly what he had hoped but good enough NOT to be moaning over a few million bucks, especially with the direction the economy is headed.
SIGN THE CONTRACT NOW DAK!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Much_Ado_About_Nothing