Merriman looking better and better each week......

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
have opposing Os been focusing on him? not trying to knock him in anyway, he gets props from me, just wondering

Kilyin

Reaction score
Ware showed tenacity and stuffed a few runs towards the end of the game. He's helping Ellis out alot and vice versa. In the end, I think Ware will be the more complete player.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I know exactly why Merriman is getting better and better and Ware is not. But everyone knows how I feel on this so Im gonna end it here.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
have opposing Os been focusing on him? not trying to knock him in anyway, he gets props from me, just wondering

If they haven't......they better start. The guy is a stud, just like Ware.;)

Reaction score
Merriman didn't have to change positions on the fly and he has less on his plate than than DW. Before the draft I was wanted either of them. Their both going to be probowlers in the near future.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
yikes, he has 7 sacks in 5 games, hate to say it, but if they keep up their paces, and Odell Thurman continues on his way, Ware may finish a distant 3rd in DROY votes, oh well, he's DROY in my eyes

Kilyin

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys rank first or second in the NFL for most players with at least half a sack this year. It's not all about Ware's stats. Ellis is on pace for the best season of his career. That's no coincidence. Ware will outlast Merriman in production, book it! ;)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Alright, I've had enough of these types of posts and really can't take it anymore. How some player on another team looks has no significance at all. How is SD using him? Just because he plays the same position does not mean that he would be better than Ware for us. He may be much worse in our scheme. I realize he could also be better but we will never know so why even make these types of posts. Merriman is playing well, good for him and good for San Dieo, but because he's not a Cowboy and theres no guarantee that he would be better than Ware in our scheme I really could care less. He could have 15 sacks now and I still wouldn't care because I know in our scheme he'd have nowhere near that many!

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
No one said he was better and I believe people are encouraged to have opinions on this board.

jlust22

Reaction score
Ware is having a solid rookie year, but I don't believe he is having a good enough season to win rookie of the year unless he has a great finish. I think it was obvious going back to the preseason that he still had a ways to go as a pash rusher due to the fact that he doesn't yet have a large enough variety of pass rushing moves. I am sure with his talent he will get there, but I bet we will have to wait til next year to see that improvement.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I was hoping we'd draft Merriman, and was a bit perplexed when we took Ware.

But in looking back we made the right choice. I think Merriman's choice of agents plus the fact he didn't attend team functions without a certain clause, tells us a bit about his character.....something we don't have to worry about with Ware.

I think with a year in our offseason program, plus not having to learn a new position, Ware will be much better next season.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I know exactly why Merriman is getting better and better and Ware is not. But everyone knows how I feel on this so Im gonna end it here.

I do too...one has Wade Phillips, one has Mike Zimmer

David

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We held Detroit to 7 points today and I think were a much better D than San Diego.. but I think people on this board would be more impressed if Ware had two sacks and we lost 21-20. I honestly believe that! :(

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
I'm very much looking forward to seeing Ware next year. Problem right now is that it's a new position...he's always lined up on the same side so it's easier for the offense to account for him. Part of the effectiveness of the 3-4 is the element of suprise (And a fanatical devotion to the Queen).

Next year, I expect he'll be moved around more and be more effective because of that.