Merriman looking better and better each week......

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I don't know who is going to be better but if I had to choose today it "wouldbe" Ware in a heartbeat.

While Merriman held out Ware was in camp, while Merriman has sacks Ware is more diciplined and has more responsibilities playing two posiiotns LB and DE as welll as other spots along the line.

Look at the overall stats and you will see Ware rising above ALL rookies in the one phase of the game that is most important to every coach in the league, tackles ie. stoping the run on a consistant basis.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Right now Ware plays way too mechanical - needs to get a bit more flexible and develop some inside counters. He really needs a lot of work on his pass rush technique. He is a work in progress.

jumanji

Reaction score
dude, how many times to we have to see this post? its over...we drafted ware...move on already. post this in the other football board, not the COWBOYS board.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Why the need to constantly re-hash this? It's stupid quite honestly.

The whole Ellis vs. Moss was stupid as well.

Ware is on our team.....Merriman isn't. End of story.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
How are the other nine guys the Cowboys passed on in the draft doing :rolleyes:
Exactly....why don't we focus on that from now on? :banghead:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Merriman is more physical and ready to play Day 1, Never a doubt to me.

Ware has more Pass rush LT skills - time will tell

jimmy40

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
have opposing Os been focusing on him? not trying to knock him in anyway, he gets props from me, just wondering
Teams are not focusing on Ware.

ddh33

Reaction score
Ware's been pretty good. And I saw him getting moved around more today. I suspect we'll see more of that...

By the way, how did Leftwich and Suggs do? What about Randy Moss? Is this really going to get debated every single week? ;)

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Both were great college players. Merriman had more hype out of Maryland than Ware did out of Troy. Would we have minded either of them? No.

I see it like this..We are 7-3. We haven't had a defense like this in what seems forever. That improvement has Ware to thank for at least some of it. I'm happy we have him. Merriman, I wish him the best.