Twitter: Meyer on coaching again

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
lol.. And Jerry ain't starting over, pretty much stepped on college coaches
Count me as one that will not be surprised in the least if Garrett is retained and extended.
Devoid a Super Bowl and NFCCG.
There's my kicker.
Rowr.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score

tam·per
/ˈtampər/

verb
gerund or present participle: tampering
  1. 1.
    interfere with (something) in order to cause damage or make unauthorized
He's not able to make many suggestive comments, especially with the microscope I'm sure is already on the situation.

Dre11

Reaction score
tam·per
/ˈtampər/

verb
gerund or present participle: tampering
  1. 1.
    interfere with (something) in order to cause damage or make unauthorized
He's not able to make many suggestive comments, especially with the microscope I'm sure is already on the situation.

He doesn't have a job in the NFL, he can say and do what he wants. there's no tampering rules that apply to him

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He doesn't have a job in the NFL, he can say and do what he wants. there's no tampering rules that apply to him

He can't come out and say that he's essentially locked in for the Cowboys job, if/when JG loses it. That's incriminating evidence.

As I was getting at earlier, with him already bringing so much attention to it..he can't comment any further. Of course he's going to "bluff" off any coaching future with the Cowboys.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What kind of work would that be? I use to get them bad. O learned to take a Tylenol asap if I felt one coming on, that usually works, but not always

Hah. Mine are triggered by tension. Presents the same way every time. Tight neck, shoulders, then the headache in the middle of my forehead. Found out the muscles and tendons in my neck have shortened over time. Since they are shorter when they tense they squeeze on the blood vessels and capillaries in my head. Decrease in blood flow and oxygen are causing the headaches. I have done PT that focuses on stretching the traps and neck muscles. I also do a lot of massage therapy. It works. I still get them when I let the stretching slip. I also am hyper aware of how they present so I try hard to relax. Magnesium also helps. It is a life style adjustment but can be done without meds. Excedrine Migraine is the only OTC that works for me.

Good luck.

Dre11

Reaction score
He can't come out and say that he's essentially locked in for the Cowboys job, if/when JG loses it. That's incriminating evidence.

As I was getting at earlier, with him already bringing so much attention to it..he can't comment any further. Of course he's going to "bluff" off any coaching future with the Cowboys.

incriminating evidence for what? there's nothing to incriminate him

BoysForLife

Reaction score
MEANWHILE....
3jnw20.jpg
:lmao2:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Catch, I think people keep misquoting this.

Meyer did not say that about himself, he said it about Lincoln Riley.

He said he thought the Cowboys would be the one situation that would be hard to pass up if he was Lincoln Riley (young and his whole career ahead of him) and the job was offered.
For some reason, all the press assumed he meant himself too. Not what he said.

Initially, you are correct in your assessment of what Meyer said and that it applied to Riley.

However--you are neglecting the exchange that took place immediately after that comment on the Colin Cowherd show:

After Meyer mentioned that it's the "one job" that any coach would have to consider, Cowherd asked him if he would be open to taking it if the Cowboys called.

"Absolutely. Absolutely," Meyer said. "That one? Yes."

Urb was for sure initially talking about Riley. But when pressed, he certainly left the door open for consideration of himself as well.
How serious was he? Only he (and perhaps at this point, Jerry and Stephen) knows. But he certainly put himself in the discussion as well, when pressed on it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As someone who has struggled with migraines I can say this can be controlled. A little work in the occipital area can do wonders. Meyer is worth the risk. This team is primed for the next 3 years. Meyer is a builder. How is OSU doing now? Fine.

The thing is he has a history of this. SO now the cowboys need ...BUILT? I thought everyone said we need coached and managed.

Look...I'm a huge Meyer fan. I have some good posts about it. But I do have reservations that his style will fit the nfl, and that his style fits Jerry. If you disagree, that is fine...but facts and history might disagree with you. Jimmy and Jerry were way young back then....and Jerry cut big checks and let Jimmy run the team for the most part. Big difference.

When Meyer controls HIS team, and influences youngsters, he;s great. But adversity, and other people's team? Not sure he excels at that. This would be ALMOST as much of an experiment as JG.

I'd be willing to try it. give our success rate as yet. Poor Urban. o_O

lockster

Reaction score
Hah. Mine are triggered by tension. Presents the same way every time. Tight neck, shoulders, then the headache in the middle of my forehead. Found out the muscles and tendons in my neck have shortened over time. Since they are shorter when they tense they squeeze on the blood vessels and capillaries in my head. Decrease in blood flow and oxygen are causing the headaches. I have done PT that focuses on stretching the traps and neck muscles. I also do a lot of massage therapy. It works. I still get them when I let the stretching slip. I also am hyper aware of how they present so I try hard to relax. Magnesium also helps. It is a life style adjustment but can be done without meds. Excedrine Migraine is the only OTC that works for me.

Good luck.
For you're info, the best thing I ever did to help mine were to start swimming laps years and years ago. If I get my laps in like I should, it's super rare to get a migraine. But when I don't get laps in, I suffer. Laps do a lot of the same thing s. Ur stretching, better blood flow techniques do just by swimming laps. Mainly HelP's my back. :).

Whyjerry

Reaction score
For you're info, the best thing I ever did to help mine were to start swimming laps years and years ago. If I get my laps in like I should, it's super rare to get a migraine. But when I don't get laps in, I suffer. Laps do a lot of the same thing s. Ur stretching, better blood flow techniques do just by swimming laps. Mainly HelP's my back. :).

Motion is lotion. Makes sense.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Good news. This is not the guy for this job.

seeing where he went to a party makes me want to pass on him even more.

So, you're saying that going to a White House Christmas party has bearing on your coach selection?
That sounds really dumb.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
College coach or not, just about anything is better than the Red head clapping genius.

Whoever called him a genius in the first place?