News: MHS: Denver Broncos out-physical Dallas Cowboys during joint practice

JBond

Reaction score
I think the Broncos just realized they were hopelessly overmatched and resorted to playing a joint scrimmage like a playoff game.

Whereas we are so disciplined we never strayed from the objective of getting some practice reps in.

One team was desperate because the other was so talented.
Lol

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lol, broncos fan site thinks that? No way!

Seriously, I watched the joint practice today and the play on either side wasn’t really physical because it couldn’t be. They couldn’t tackle and much of the physicality was taken away because of how they did it.

The reason that is being said is because between plays, Denver was more chippy and was pushing and shoving a lot more. That isn’t physical play. That is just pushing after the play is over.

The NFL Network guys said that the rule for today was anyone throwing a punch gets kicked out of practice. McCarthy is working on Pre-snap and post-snap penalties, so the team was focusing on trying not to do that stuff. Mike wants physical play. Difficult to work on that when you can’t be physical.

There have been some things floating around this site that becomes fact after so many repeat it… but this is one of the crazier things. Neither team was physical. Denver was just a little dirtier.

I want a physical team too and that is a point they’re working on. The thing is, that is something that will have to be judged during the games more so than in a practice where you can’t tackle.

I’m sure that article is making Denver fans happy though.

Praxit

Reaction score
Parsons was a beast. He dominated today.
..thats what I heard too. I wonder why they havent released footage yet? Wonder if Denver paid Jerry to keep it on the down low.. lol

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
..thats what I heard too. I wonder why they havent released footage yet? Wonder if Denver paid Jerry to keep it on the down low.. lol
NFL Network said they’re limited to what they can show. They can’t really have any wide shots that show schematically what the teams are doing. I think it was Jane Slater that said that.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
So the offense has some glaring problems. Go figure. QB1 has less talent to get the ball to and a leaky o-line. McG<Williams and Steele can't touch a healthy Collins (yet, if ever). We have $21m of untouched cap space that could've improved the team. We can only hope Tyler Smith turns it on quickly and Biadasz benefits from having two maulers flanking him. There's still time before the season starts, but none of my concerns have been eased. But...you know...good business and stuff.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Seriously, I watched the joint practice today and the play on either side wasn’t really physical because it couldn’t be. They couldn’t tackle and much of the physicality was taken away because of how they did it.

The reason that is being said is because between plays, Denver was more chippy and was pushing and shoving a lot more. That isn’t physical play. That is just pushing after the play is over.

The NFL Network guys said that the rule for today was anyone throwing a punch gets kicked out of practice. McCarthy is working on Pre-snap and post-snap penalties, so the team was focusing on trying not to do that stuff. Mike wants physical play. Difficult to work on that when you can’t be physical.

There have been some things floating around this site that becomes fact after so many repeat it… but this is one of the crazier things. Neither team was physical. Denver was just a little dirtier.

I want a physical team too and that is a point they’re working on. The thing is, that is something that will have to be judged during the games more so than in a practice where you can’t tackle.

I agree with this. I think the fact that Chubb accidentally knocked down Elliott, along the fighting and some of our running game blocking breaking down contributed to this idea. It seemed to me on the pass plays they showed that Dak usually had plenty of time. An AP article I read said that he was "sacked" a couple of times by an outside linebacker (Nik Bonito), but I'm pretty sure that happened after we took Tyron out and put Ball in. I also think the running game is harder to judge since there was no tackling. The passing game is a little easier, especially from a coverage standpoint, although the ability to be physical on the line was limited.

Multiple people said Parsons gave the Denver offensive line fits as well. That makes sense for both Bonito and Parsons since limited physicality favors speed rushers. Saw Williams get to the quarterback a couple of times as well using his speed.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I like how we read into a scrimmage and hit the panic button, lol. Looked like the Cowboys had some really nice plays, but shouldn't read too much into that either. In terms of the Broncos being more physical than the Cowboys I didn't see that in most of the clips I watched. I do think we have some weak spots namely Biadsz on the offensive line. The defensive interior has some questions to but the headline of this article is misleading.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like how we read into a scrimmage and hit the panic button, lol. Looked like the Cowboys had some really nice plays, but shouldn't read too much into that either. In terms of the Broncos being more physical than the Cowboys I didn't see that in most of the clips I watched. I do think we have some weak spots namely Biadsz on the offensive line. The defensive interior has some questions to but the headline of this article is misleading.

One of the main things I wanted to see is if the receivers could get some separation and make plays in 11-on-11 situations ... other than Lamb, that is. Houston and Brown had some catches with the ones. (Tolbert might have, too, but I can't remember if Dak was at QB for his catches or Rush.) From what I could tell, they were mainly short throws, but at least they were getting open.

ESisback

Reaction score

Good post. This sounds like reality.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was mentioned that Elliott should have kept going around the end instead of trying to cut that back. Biadasz needed to cut his guy off, but Chubb had backside contain, so Elliott being hit by him is on Elliott.

Dallas needs to stop running the same boring, drawn out, lead plays. The blocking is not great and the defensive pursuit is on point.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think the Broncos just realized they were hopelessly overmatched and resorted to playing a joint scrimmage like a playoff game.

Whereas we are so disciplined we never strayed from the objective of getting some practice reps in.

One team was desperate because the other was so talented.
Blame the new Walmart owner. Already implementing store policies. Show up to work...or be fired.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It was mentioned that Elliott should have kept going around the end instead of trying to cut that back. Biadasz needed to cut his guy off, but Chubb had backside contain, so Elliott being hit by him is on Elliott.
Lol….oh so zeke couldn’t bounce outside and dove inside? Shocker there!!