MIA: Kai Parham

AbeBeta

Reaction score
So I was having my morning coffee. As I pulled out the milk, I saw Kai Parham on the carton.

Wasn't this kid supposed to be a great UDFA pickup? An absolute steal who would be a great fit in our D.

Come to think of it, where in the world is Ollie Hoyte?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
abersonc said:
So I was having my morning coffee. As I pulled out the milk, I saw Kai Parham on the carton.

Wasn't this kid supposed to be a great UDFA pickup? An absolute steal who would be a great fit in our D.

GOOD POINT:starspin

Reaction score
He maybe doing better than we think. I'll be watching him in preseason. I think Hoyte makes the team over him however

AbeBeta

Reaction score
austintodallas said:
I see a practice squad in his future.

Not if he can't make it past the first few rounds of cuts.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
They are stuck behind the uber stud Shanle :D

and that tells you all you need to know about their skills.

Prancer

Reaction score
I read somewhere, I think it was Grizz's Blogging the Boys, Hoyte is running with the 3rd team defense. But I didn't read anything on Parham.

Duane

Reaction score
Why are we worried about undrafted rookie free agent linebackers?

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He will be on PS, let's have this discussion next year.

Undrafted Rookie.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
It's funny, I was making my 53 man roster prediction last night as I was going to bed.. Cause I'm a nerd and I do things like that before I go to bed.. Anyways, I was predicting the linebackers we would keep, and I thought the exact same thing.. I know the "for sures":

Ware, Ayodele, James, Carpenter, Burnett, Boiman

and I figure we will keep eight of them.. so here are the ones we have left that have a shot:

Singleton, Shanle, Fowler, Parham, Hoyte, Glymph

Of these guys, I think that Singleton will make it because of his experience and because the fact that he is very solid.. Bill knows what he is getting.. Of the rest of the guys, the one that is making the most noise in training camp is actually Glymph from what I've read, so I ended up putting him down in my roster prediction.. I would have thought it woulda been Parham or Hoyte.. honestly, though, it's early, and any of those guys have about the same chance as the other I think..

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
abersonc said:

I had heard Hoyte has worked some 2nd team and 3rd team. I was never high on Parham, but I am optimistic on Hoyte.

Rich.........

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
According to some Shanle is the next all world lb. :rolleyes:

Hey! I think that was a disparaging remark!

Don't you know Scot Shanle is the largest linebacker to ever play the game?

So give up some props!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Hey! I think that was a disparaging remark!

Don't you know Scot Shanle is the largest linebacker to ever play the game?

So give up some props!

Also, the minnie Shanle is still twice as tough as the regular sized LBs through out the rest of the league.

Never mind the SuperSized versions.

sago1

Reaction score
Glymph (sp?) & Vontrell Jamison were both PS picks at about same time in late 05. Jamison was cut few days ago but Glymph has reportedly looked pretty good; he's a former DE of course. I think competitions going to end up being between Shanle, Fowler & Glymph for the last 8 LB slot.

Also since we haven't heard much from Hoyt & Parham, I think it's save to say they wouldn't make the team unless they play really well in preseason game. If they show enough, they'll be cut and sent to the PS.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
sago1 said:
Glymph (sp?) & Vontrell Jamison were both PS picks at about same time in late 05. Jamison was cut few days ago but Glymph has reportedly looked pretty good; he's a former DE of course. I think competitions going to end up being between Shanle, Fowler & Glymph for the last 8 LB slot.

Also since we haven't heard much from Hoyt & Parham, I think it's save to say they wouldn't make the team unless they play really well in preseason game. If they show enough, they'll be cut and sent to the PS.

I'm going to go ahead and bet that Kai isn't making it past the first cut.

I really think that Bill likes Fowler and that he'll remain on the team.