MIA: Kai Parham

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Hey! I think that was a disparaging remark!

Don't you know Scot Shanle is the largest linebacker to ever play the game?

So give up some props!

yeah, I heard he's so big that he makes Al Singleton look like 220 pounds :D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
boysfanindc said:
He will be on PS, let's have this discussion next year.

Undrafted Rookie.

Right.
Even though he looked great in college, and looked faster than he is. Remember most the guys he played against, aren't going to be in the NFL. He supposedly had a bad 40 time, and you need that speed for an NFL LB.

parchy

Reaction score
I'm really pulling for Parham. That guy is money when it comes to 3-4 defenses. The only thing that will hold him back is his conditioning, which appeared to be less than it should have been.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
parchy said:
I'm really pulling for Parham. That guy is money when it comes to 3-4 defenses. The only thing that will hold him back is his conditioning, which appeared to be less than it should have been.

don't let the little ball of hate get a whiff of that -- she'll write an article about it.

Reaction score
I think Fowler is the one we need to be watching... he had a great couple games toward the end... he is a demon against the run...

Hiero

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
I think Fowler is the one we need to be watching... he had a great couple games toward the end... he is a demon against the run...
ya this is true, but I think imo fowler is almost a sure thing to make the team. Parham I hope he makes it, he had a killer year at UVA he just needs to have a year of better conditioning under him,.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
I liked what I saw from Fowler also.

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:

Not sure what games you were watching but when Fowler was starting last December our defense was run over.

Its Al Singleton and Kevin Burnett battling to be Carpenters backup. Carpenter if not day 1 starter will be starting by mid season.

OLB opposite backing up Ware will be an interesting battle with Burnett potentially there and Ellis fighting for a LB role. At best he's a situational pass rusher if not traded.

That leaves Fowler, Shanle, Boiman, Hoyte battling for 2 spots. Shanle has the best cover skills of the group and has a lot of BP experience and should easily make team. My money is on Fowler also and Hoyte to Practice squad. Parham gets sent out of here early. Boiman is JAG and a potential cut.

wileedog

Reaction score
RockyMountainFan said:
Boiman is JAG and a potential cut.

Boiman was Tenn's best ST player last year. He'll stick for that and depth alone.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
I have to echo that thought. If you watched the last couple of games when they actually let Fowler play, he was in the back field on a normal basis.

That's something we've not seen in a long time from a Cowboys player. A Linebacker consistantly in the opposing teams back field every other down or so.

I say drop Singleton, keep Fowler and Glymph, or keep Singleton and put Glymph on the PS. But before I do all of that, let me see a few Pre-season games. :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Boiman was Tenn's best ST player last year. He'll stick for that and depth alone.

yep, and add the fact that he's looking like he would make for a pretty nice return on that little investment we made in him

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Still not ready to cut Parham, long way to go in camp yet. If he does get in better condition, people will see that he is better when the bullets are flying, than doing drills or running.Lets watch him in the pre-season before we wright him off.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
abersonc said:
So I was having my morning coffee. As I pulled out the milk, I saw Kai Parham on the carton.

Wasn't this kid supposed to be a great UDFA pickup? An absolute steal who would be a great fit in our D.

Come to think of it, where in the world is Ollie Hoyte?

Candidly, I don't think either one will make the team... they both have good instincts for the position, but are just too slow for the NFL game...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RockyMountainFan said:
Not sure what games you were watching but when Fowler was starting last December our defense was run over.

Not sure what games you were watching?

Fowler played well whenever he had the opportunity and the Cowboys didn't get "run over" in any of the games he started - including Thanksgiving Day against the Broncos. Their running game was contained until "Killer" Davis blew the tackle on Dayne.

Fowler played well.

Its Al Singleton and Kevin Burnett battling to be Carpenters backup. Carpenter if not day 1 starter will be starting by mid season.

Wrong again. Burnett is backing up on Ware's side and starting in the nickel. Carpenter is running third behind both Ellis and Singleton. He's actually playing some at inside 'backer.

OLB opposite backing up Ware will be an interesting battle with Burnett potentially there and Ellis fighting for a LB role. At best he's a situational pass rusher if not traded.

Again, Ellis is starting on the opposite side at this point. It seems that Carpenter will have to earn whatever playing time he gets.

That leaves Fowler, Shanle, Boiman, Hoyte battling for 2 spots. Shanle has the best cover skills of the group and has a lot of BP experience and should easily make team. My money is on Fowler also and Hoyte to Practice squad. Parham gets sent out of here early. Boiman is JAG and a potential cut.

They've invested money in Boiman and given his versatlity, he'll stick. Fowler isn't eligible for the practice squad anymore. If Parham continues to be invisible, he'll be cut quickly. There's too much competition for reps.

Fowler has done nothing but play well when given the chance. Why cut a guy like that?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
exactly, didn't he have like 11 stops vs. St. Louis?

NFL.com shows 10 Total Tackles with 9 solo.

Either way, not too shabby......

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
NFL.com shows 10 Total Tackles with 9 solo.

Either way, not too shabby......

true, but I'll play Devil's Advocate for a moment, Shanle had 10 stops against Nawlins a couple of years ago, so...

:D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Shanle is 10 feet tall and shoots fireballs from his eyes and lightning bolts from his arse.

:storm: