Miami Dolphins are releasing QB Josh Rosen

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is bad.......no way around it. Notice some are saying he got a bad deal. I'm not sure, true talent has a way of rising above that. My point is, maybe this kid never had NFL talent.

Yeah if he was a talent he would've stuck. I can't say he got a raw deal. Dolphins gave him a chance to win that job and he got outplayed by Fitzpatrick.

Flamma

Reaction score
He couldn't hold the starting job with either team. He's the reason Arizona and Miami drafted QBs the year after he got there.

He screwed himself.

Look, sometimes it's the team. I don't know, I didn't watch him play that much. Troy Aikman looked like crap in 1989 too. Dude sucked. Team went 1-15. He didn't even win that one game.

Flamma

Reaction score
He battled with Fitzpatrick and looked worse than he did.

He's a young rookie, Fitz is a grizzeled vet. When you're put in the worst possible scenario it doesn't always turn out well. I don't know how good Rosen is. I'm just saying he didn't get much of a chance. Good quarterbacks play good on good teams, not crap teams.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's a young rookie, Fitz is a grizzeled vet. When you're put in the worst possible scenario it doesn't always turn out well. I don't know how good Rosen is. I'm just saying he didn't get much of a chance. Good quarterbacks play good on good teams, not crap teams.
I think the problem was he didn’t look better than Fitzpatrick.

NotForLong

Reaction score
He needs to go sit behind a vet and work with a good coach. Teams I think would be good NO with Brees and Payton might be what he needs, Pats with Bill, Bucs with Brady and BA, or Chiefs with Andy. It might be in his head now and he might be ruined.
If he ends up on any of those teams he will have a bright future

Hadenough

Reaction score
A few years ago Troy Aikman was on the matt mosley ed werder podcast and he said from all his studying Josh Rosen was the most prepared to play in the nfl and would be the best of the bunch from his draft.
Rosen has a ton of physical talent but his mental game isnt too good.

csirl

Reaction score
Worth a roster spot - especially with the 6 vets and protections now allowed on PS. Worth throwing a 7th rounder at the Dolphins to secure him before he's cut.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Think he needs another chance, I though he was gonna be awesome.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well, I disagree with Aikman here. Taking that quote for face value, Aikman is absolutely wrong. Then again, I believe if Aikman had another chance to say this.. he’d choose another word, like anticipation.

Accuracy most certainly can be taught. Tell a beginner to make a free throw, He prob misses the first attempt. Tell a kid to practice 1k shots, he surely improves his accuracy.

That said.. Yes, hand eye coordination plays a major part in ones development.. what sets folks apart is anticipating the right moment to make the throw. This anticipation is the hardest thing to coach bc it involves the mental makeup of the guy throwing the ball. Coach that all you want.. but it’s the QB that has the timer set to release the ball.
Or maybe he meant that accuracy cant be taught in the amount of time you have to succeed in the NFL.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Aikman drafted David LaFleur.

Literally, Jerry let Aikman make that pick.
I remember another TE bust around that time frame,, Eric Bjornson ..sp..
Was he before LaFlop or after?

Carson

Reaction score
Think he needs another chance, I though he was gonna be awesome.
I agree.

I wouldn’t mind stashing him on the PS. Dalton is a one year rental and everybody at JMU couldn’t wait until Nooch left.

Could be a nice reclamation project for Big Mike.

GenoT

Reaction score
I could see Rosen going to the Pats. DAL would be good for his development n confidence. However, there's no room for Rosen with the Cowboys having a future franchise QB in DiNucci.
Pats already have Cam (starter), Stidham (future) and Hoyer (vet backup). No spot for Rosen in NE.

Carson

Reaction score
Pats already have Cam (starter), Stidham (future) and Hoyer (vet backup). No spot for Rosen in NE.

I don’t think Stidham is the future. He’s been awful at camp. Granted he’s been banged up.

See them getting a new QB in the draft