Micah at OLB or MLB?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where should he play if he's asked to play a LB position. He has so much freakish speed, I think he'd be better in a 4-3 OLB to get from sideline to sideline. He's played the MLB spot at times for us, I'm not sure exactly where he would fare well. I think Mike will be creative with him, and keep him from being so easily targeted, please give your thoughts

HanD

Reaction score
The real question is if Micah will want to play that role knowing that it will affect his sack totals.
has he ever come out and said he only wants to play DE or is this something with legs over time like how people said he liked the eagles and wants to play for them when he was rooting for his friend lane johnson to win a SB?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Doubt we get it but I would love to see basically a 3-2 type of formation from this defense and have Micah move between DE and LB to make it either a 4-2 which will mirror what we've done the last couple years or 3-3 look where Micah plays a position with concepts similar to a 3-4 OLB.

I think the worst thing you can do with Micah is every say that he is just a LB or just a DE. You have the ultimate defensive chess piece, let him move around.

visionary

Reaction score
I want Zim using Micah the way he used Anthony Barr and Kendricks. Make TFLs in the run game because you are clean and blitz the A Gap and get 1 on 1s with the Center. Micah will have many more tackles for loss, a few less sacks and be much more impactful
Agreed but Micah wont accept
He wants DE payday not LB payday

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I want Zim using Micah the way he used Anthony Barr and Kendricks. Make TFLs in the run game because you are clean and blitz the A Gap and get 1 on 1s with the Center. Micah will have many more tackles for loss, a few less sacks and be much more impactful
this right here!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doubt we get it but I would love to see basically a 3-2 type of formation from this defense and have Micah move between DE and LB to make it either a 4-2 which will mirror what we've done the last couple years or 3-3 look where Micah plays a position with concepts similar to a 3-4 OLB.

I think the worst thing you can do with Micah is every say that he is just a LB or just a DE. You have the ultimate defensive chess piece, let him move around.
move around so it's not so easy to scheme him, they should never know where he's coming from

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The real question is if Micah will want to play that role knowing that it will affect his sack totals.
Agreed but Micah wont accept
He wants DE payday not LB payday
Yep. There's a reason half those "Sounds of the Sideline" vids have clips of Micah in blowouts saying things like "One more quarter to get paid."

Let's hope he grows up more than he's shown so far.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I would love to see Micah in Zim's Double A gap blitz...