Micah at OLB or MLB?

visionary

Reaction score
I hear this a lot recently but have no background on it. When did he come out and say this?
Hes never going to say it
Even hes not that stupid but when his contract comes up he will want to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and that cant be as LB

HanD

Reaction score
Hes never going to say it
Even hes not that stupid but when his contract comes up he will want to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and that cant be as LB
So it's all conjecture that he refuses to play lb.

Kinda like how everyone loves to say he's an eagles fan.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I want Zim using Micah the way he used Anthony Barr and Kendricks. Make TFLs in the run game because you are clean and blitz the A Gap and get 1 on 1s with the Center. Micah will have many more tackles for loss, a few less sacks and be much more impactful
Touche......i think Zimmer has plans to use MP the best way he can create a ruckus for the offense. And that is to move him around some and attack the weakness in the OL, and depending on down and distance. Zimmer will kick the nonsense out of him that he is in there just for the sacks. Play as a team.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
I don't know why people go on about him wanting to get sacks.

I want sacks.. and plenty of them please !

jwitten82

Reaction score
So it's all conjecture that he refuses to play lb.

Kinda like how everyone loves to say he's an eagles fan.
I believe he's actually been on Twitter saying he doesn't need to be moved to LB because he is top in a lot of pass rush statistics

HanD

Reaction score
Kinda like Jerry says he will do anything to win (except what is actually needed) and simpletons like yourself tell us “but but but Jerry wants to win”

:facepalm:
Not sure why your post is necessary. I'm asking a simple question honestly and you won't answer it. Posts like this is what makes this board frustrating.

So I'm a simpleton cause you can't prove Micah refuses to play lb? Please point to my posts that I believe Jerry wants to win and believe what he says.

HanD

Reaction score
I believe he's actually been on Twitter saying he doesn't need to be moved to LB because he is top in a lot of pass rush statistics
Thanks. That's more than visionary has provided. Or anyone on this board. I do think it's different than refusing to play lb but if true it's at least something in that vein.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The real question is if Micah will want to play that role knowing that it will affect his sack totals.
His sack totals may be higher playing LB. There's such a thing as an OT getting used to your speed and moves throughout 4 quarters and doing a better job late in games. We need stronger DE's on the field to set the edge in the run game and to keep mobile QBs in the pocket. Let Parsons chase everything; let him blitz; let him spy at times, and I'll bet he'll shoot openings and get a handful of sacks on that alone.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Should be used similar to TJ Watt, OLB some, DE some (really anywhere along the DL), as the 5th rusher some, drop back into coverage some.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I'd design the defense without making Micah have a position. That allows for you to scheme him into several different positions as needed. DE one game, MLB the next. Which one is dependent upon the situations. Your best player playing where needed, and have enough talent to rest him as well as play any style needed. Need improved LB and DT play to do it .