Micah at OLB or MLB?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Where should he play if he's asked to play a LB position. He has so much freakish speed, I think he'd be better in a 4-3 OLB to get from sideline to sideline. He's played the MLB spot at times for us, I'm not sure exactly where he would fare well. I think Mike will be creative with him, and keep him from being so easily targeted, please give your thoughts
The more I think about it, the more I lean toward playing him at MLB and pretty much having him attack gaps on every down. To do that, though, we need to get a better RDE along with better interior DLs. Both Armstrong and Fowler are free agents and Hankins and Gallimore are as well. I'd rather see us upgrade those spots than bring them back. Our problem is we won't use free agency to get clear upgrades. We'll get similar players and then try to find upgrades in the draft.

I think if we put Parsons at MLB, then we might can get away with Overshown and Clark as the other two linebackers, although we need to bring in some competition. My focus would be on fixing the line with Parsons at linebacker. If we make Parsons an end, then getting a star linebacker along with DTs will have to be the focus.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
That would be the correct position for Parsons.Weak side ,the path of least resistance to the QB and into the backfield .Plus he can use his speed to run sideline to sideline.A beast at DT and MLB must be added to use Parsons ,for the biggest impact .

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Perhaps the title of this thread should be: Does MP want to be the best football player he can be (DPOY quality) or does he want to be a good fb player and a huge media celebrity?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
All of the above and DE some..just dont leave him in one place all game where they just run at him and make him disappear...