Micah gives Mazi a pep talk

The Natural

Reaction score
Cowboys rookie DT Mazi Smith is expected to get more work this week with Johnathan Hankins (knee/ankle) out. Micah Parsons said on his
@BleacherReportpodcast today that Smith recently asked him what he needs to do to be great
Parsons: “One thing I told Mazi is you gotta come in here with intent every day to get better. You gotta have that unbelievable amount of faith in yourself that we have in you. Because we need you. … I told Mazi, ‘If we want to win this thing, we need Mazi Smith to be his best.’ I think that’s something he took personal. This week, I’m excited to see how he plays and the big step that he takes.”

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Some players need that extra advice to help mentally push them to get better. Nothing wrong with Mazi Smith reaching out to Micah. Great advice Micah gave Mazi.

Keeping fingers crossed Mazi pushes himself even more to get better, because like Micah Parsons said to Mazi, "You gotta come in here with intent every day to get better. You gotta have that unbelievable amount of faith in yourself that we have in you. Because we need you. If we want to win this thing, we need Mazi Smith to be his best."

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Anything is an improvement. Hard to remember seeing a DL player slower off the snap in the past 10+ years.
I think everyone generalizes him as A pass rusher, but he is a runstuffing 1T DT. So he would have to recognise blocking and occupy double teams and hold his ground, probably this was what he was taught in college. So until the light goes off or he develops some pass rush potential he will be slow react type DT.

But what I kind of don’t understand is why he is getting washed out in run plays , again I have to say I didnt do film study , going by what many posts here. He is supposed to be atheltic ,very strong guy but it may not show like that on field. Lets give him couple of games in the absence of Hankins and see how he performs.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Titans just waived their starting NT, Teart Tart. I don't know why, because he supposably had been considered a "key piece" of their run defense. Wonder if we might try to claim him to kick the tires while Hankins is out.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Titans just waived their starting NT, Teart Tart. I don't know why, because he supposably had been considered a "key piece" of their run defense. Wonder if we might try to claim him to kick the tires while Hankins is out.
Interesting but unless he's put on weight he doesn't seem to have the size to replace Hankins.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He got waived because he wasn’t giving effort.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Micah couldn't wait to tell this story. It's like those people filming themselves giving the homeless food.