Micah on facing the Eagles: For us to win this game, we gotta win up front

Toro9

Reaction score
I still don't know if he's better rushing every play or if he'd be better utilized with coverage peppered in. I'd really like to see him picking one off eventually.

Redline360

Reaction score
You don't say! Football 101

I just wonder how the Eagles going to play it. Try to scheme him out of the game which rarely works or go right after him. The few times teams have went after Parsons it wasnt pretty for the defense. We over committed

Bizwah

Reaction score
I would love it if one game we can "out smart" another team. Philly had a great scheme against us in game one last year. They neutralized Micah and paralyzed him throughout the game.

I don't know why we seem to struggle doing this. It seems teams have our tendencies down. I feel we are pretty well-coached (especially on defense), but we don't seem to add wrinkles or other things to our gameplan....or maybe we do and we don't notice. It seems we are content to run our scheme, our plan. In the 90s, when we were just better than everyone, it wasn't a problem. We'll do us....and dare you to stop it.

But when we are evenly matched, coaching matters. Game planning matters. The 49ers hit us with a buzzsaw and we always seemed two steps behind what they were doing to us. I'd love to see us have a great scheme for the Eagles. More than that, I'd love to see us execute the scheme.

I'm rambling....just getting a little excited for Sunday.