Micah Parson Penn State hazing scandal

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember when this came out but didn't pay much attention to it at the time. Of course, things have changed a bit as many outlets and/or fans are mocking him to the Cowboys at 10. It's the incident that's compromising his character and we'll certainly hear more about it in the coming weeks. After reading it, I can't decide if there are real character issues to be concerned with or boys will be boys' thing. Either way, I guess the question is how much if any impact it should/will have on his draft.

https://fox56.com/news/local/former-psu-football-player-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Former PSU football player gives details on alleged hazing by teammates
by John Beauge | Special to PennLive

Tuesday, October 20th 2020

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Drafted by Dallas this becomes magnified and mentioned daily how Jerry loves the bad guys. Drafted by anybody else it won’t be mentioned
Hahah I was just thinking the exact same thing.

also it seems it didn’t get as bad as the reports are until he pulled a knife on parsons. He ran to the coach about the incident too. You pulled a knife first. I’d be pissed off if I was parsons and other guys too

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hate bullies. If Parsons would have let it go after the water incident then this is no big deal. The sexual accusations now that is different.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hahah I was just thinking the exact same thing.

also it seems it didn’t get as bad as the reports are until he pulled a knife on parsons. He ran to the coach about the incident too. You pulled a knife first. I’d be pissed off if I was parsons and other guys too

Sounds like what started as a playful incident by Parson ( throwing the water ) went bad real quick when Humphraises didn't bite. Instead got pizzed of and pulled a knife. That changed everything......now you have a crime.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Yea brought this up a few months ago, and I think it's going to drop Parsons down a bit.
With or without the hazing stuff I don't think the value is there for Parsons at 10, but with this it might drop him down to true value.
If the Cowboys can move back back from 10 and acquire more picks I am all on board for taking Parsons, or if he falls to our 2nd rd pick but sticking a picking at 10 is a risky move for a non-rush LB.

morasp

Reaction score
The question for me is do we want to spend our number 10 pick on an off ball linebacker with unproven skills in pass coverage and possible maturity issues or can we get a linebacker capable of being a quality starter a little later in the draft.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
The question for me is do we want to spend our number 10 pick on an off ball linebacker with unproven skills in pass coverage and possible maturity issues or can we get a linebacker capable of being a quality starter a little later in the draft.

Answer for me.
Do we... I want no part of an off-ball LB at 10.
Find a LB later in the draft... Absolutely.
Off-ball LB's are the RB's of the defense you can find them all over the draft and spending a top 10 and you could argue a 1st round pick a not getting great value at the pick.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Meanwhile JOK excels in coverage.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Remember when this came out but didn't pay much attention to it at the time. Of course, things have changed a bit as many outlets and/or fans are mocking him to the Cowboys at 10. It's the incident that's compromising his character and we'll certainly hear more about it in the coming weeks. After reading it, I can't decide if there are real character issues to be concerned with or boys will be boys' thing. Either way, I guess the question is how much if any impact it should/will have on his draft.

https://fox56.com/news/local/former-psu-football-player-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Former PSU football player gives details on alleged hazing by teammates
by John Beauge | Special to PennLive

Tuesday, October 20th 2020

Multiple insiders are stated there are immaturity concerns with Parsons. Do we really want to replace a immature player (Jaylon), with another?

Carson

Reaction score
Multiple insiders are stated there are immaturity concerns with Parsons. Do we really want to replace a immature player (Jaylon), with another?

I believe that was before. Hopefully he’s grown up as he finished his degree and declared to take care of his two year old son. If they doesn’t make you mature ... nothing will.

Rayman70

Reaction score
for me, after hearing this story, I'm out on Parsons. Ii like players with some nastiness, but to go tribal like this on a team mate speaks volumes to me. He will be a headache. PASS. This guy will come into the league with the kind of baggage you do not want.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I believe that was before. Hopefully he’s grown up as he finished his degree and declared to take care of his two year old son. If they doesn’t make you mature ... nothing will.
WE cannot risk it that high. We need a smart player on and off the field. This dude may not be worth the investment at 10. At 10 I want a squeaky clean guy..plug and play, no bad team mate types. I do not mind some nastiness, but to attack your fellow player like that, in the way he did, nope...I pass. Let some other team make him there pet project.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’ll go with round 2 or 3 LB over this kid. Then watch him become an absolute force for someone else.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’ll go with round 2 or 3 LB over this kid. Then watch him become an absolute force for someone else.
Give me KJ BRITT. He is a better all round athlete, thumper, and good team mate. He has grown man leadership qualities.

HungryLion

Reaction score
WE cannot risk it that high. We need a smart player on and off the field. This dude may not be worth the investment at 10. At 10 I want a squeaky clean guy..plug and play, no bad team mate types. I do not mind some nastiness, but to attack your fellow player like that, in the way he did, nope...I pass. Let some other team make him there pet project.

Yes. We need a squeaky clean guy. Jaylon is about as squeaky clean as they come.

He even has a clear eye view about life.

lot of good that has done.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Did you read the article????

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes. We need a squeaky clean guy. Jaylon is about as squeaky clean as they come.

He even has a clear eye view about life.

lot of good that has done.
Not at all what I meant lol. Yes..Jaylon isnt good at FB...that is a fact, and he is a good guy, unfortunately his good guy persona doesn't get switched off during game day. Ii want a player that gets on the field and has that mean streak..controlled chaos, football awareness. Not so sure Parsons has that. I seen flashes..he is a beast when he is on. But its hard to overlook how he treated that team mate. That is a very bad story.No mental midgets please.